Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brody's Factor V Test

On April 1st we had Brody's tested for the blood clotting disorder that my dad and I have, Factor V Leiden. I must first say how proud I was of Brody. They had to take 3 vials of blood so it wasn't a finger prick like he is use to. We had to hold him down and go into a vein in his arm. I thought for sure he was going to go crazy on us. He didn't even cry! I was shocked. He just looked at the Buzz poster they had on the wall and we talked about Woody, Bullseye and Buzz. Then he wanted his sucker and be done! The even better news: Brody DOES NOT have Factor V. I cannot tell you how many nights I prayed that he didn't have this. Brody is a climber, so I'm pretty sure in the future he's going to have something broken and therefore we would have to watch out/worry about a blood clot. Cannot be thankful enough for this answered prayers. Love, LeAnn