I'm knocking on wood the entire time I write this!
For the past 4 nights Brody has slept completely through the night!!!!!!!!
He has gone to bed between 10:00-10:30pm and I HAVE to wake him at 5:45am to nurse. Then he watches me get ready for work and off he goes back into a somber sleep for a few more hours.
Now to hear his daddy tell it he's sleeping through the night because he has been staying home with him this week. Which might be true, but my theory is that he's just gotten to the age where his belly doesn't wake him in the middle of the night with hunger. And as long as we keep him up between the hours of 7:00pm - 10:00pm he gives no fuss to go right to sleep, in fact I've noticed that he gets kinda fuss if he isn't in his bed at 9:30..
I'm loving it! I wake up refreshed and have felt energized all week. It's been a very, very, very long time since I've slept through the night. Although my internal clock still wakes at 3 am when Brody usually eats but I simply check on him and return to snoozeland myself.
5 more working days til summer!!
Have a good weekend,
Friday, May 29, 2009
I'm knocking on wood the entire time I write this!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Today Brody is 3 months old! How time flies when you are having fun. It's been the most amazing 3 months of our life, I don't know what we did with our time before Brody.
Brody's new achievement from last week is that he rolls over from belly to back. The first time he did it was with Aunt Marcy and then he did it for me several times after that. I was shocked because he wasn't even close to rolling over. But he finally figured it all out.
He is in 1 diapers still but probably only for another week and then we will be in size 2's.
He wears 3-6 month clothes and we won't find out about his weight/height until next month when we go back in for his 4 month old shots.
I will post pics tonight of the little booger bear.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Nina June was born on Sunday at 12:13 pm weighing in at 7lbs 15oz and 21 inches long.
I got the honor of seeing her come into this world and this little lady will always hold a special place in my heart. It was an amazing opportunity and I loved every second of it. Thank you Mandy and Scott for letting me be such a close part of this amazing journey that y'all are on.
PS: Got my camera back from my moms...took 2 pics and the batteries went dead...LOL
Friday, May 15, 2009
Time is flying. We are starting to wrap up the school year and only have 13 more school days!! I cannot wait for this summer, its going to be the best ever. Spending everyday with Brody and Brandon!
It seems that Brody changes overnight. He is lifting up his head at a 45 and 90 degree angle for several minutes now. I cannot wait until he gets full head control, anyone know when that will be?
He pushes up with his hands during belly time and can get his shoulders off the ground. He also scoots around while on tummy time and is trying to roll over.
He found his hands and CANNOT keep them out of his mouth. I think he would rather have those than his paci.
He is talking up a storm as well. I love it. I swear he says I love you but I might be dreaming that up. He slept through the night once this week and all the other nights he only woke up once. We are definitely getting closer and closer to sleeping through the whole night.
He is definitely longer and heavier. He once looked so small in his car seat and now he looks huge.
I have a couple of prayer request for all my prayer warriors.
- My good friend Mandy is being induced on Sunday, please pray for a smooth and easy delivery with a healthy momma & baby. I cannot wait to meet Miss Nina
- Also pray that Brandon gets a teaching/coaching job for next school year. Positions are opening and there are several exciting prospects but with economy and everything else you just never know what might happen. It would be a HUGE blessing for him to get a job especially before the summer is over. It was so stressful when I got hired 2 weeks after school started. I'm praying he gets something in June/early July so that we won't have to worry/stress about it.
- We should get the blood results from Brandon this week regarding Alpha Thal. Pray he isn't a carrier and that we won't have to go through genetic counceling before we have our next child.
I'd share some new pics but I forgot my camera at my moms AGAIN...urgh!
Til next time,
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
It hardly seems real...this new life that I lead. Motherhood has definitely been the best thing that I has happened in my life. Brody is such a joy to have around and Brandon and I are finally getting back to being "us" as a couple as well as "us" as parents. It's a fine balance and I think after 11 weeks we've figure it out.
Brody is getting SO BIG! These are the new things he is doing at 11 weeks:
- He is scooting. He will kick himself or push on the floor until he moves forward. He has gotten out of his position at night 3 times this week!
- He has found his voice and loves to talk! He will coo and aahhh and oohhhh right along with mommy when I'm talking to him.
- He only gets up once at night at the same time 3 am. He goes down around 9 every night and sleeps til 3, eats and then goes back to bed until about 6:30 or 7.
- He can roll to his side
- We are working on head control. He's liking his tummy time better so that helps.
- He is still a kicker! Loves to kick those legs
- During the week he is up to 4 oz bottles now, every 2-3 hours! He really loves to eat. The other day I pumped 6 1/2 oz before leaving for work and the little chunky monkey ate it all in one feeding!! I was shocked!
- This week he was sleeping a lot and then he would eat a lot so I think he is growing again.
- He's in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes are pretty much gone :( He is definitely in 3-6 tops and some 0-3 shorts can fit but are tight around the belly so we just go with 3-6. He's not even 3 months old yet!
Last night Brandon and I had a date night. My parents came over to watch Brody while we went to dinner and then we came home and played the Wii. Brody slept the whole time
Monday, May 4, 2009
10 weeks ago I was in the hospital delivering my little package
2 weeks ago Leah was in the hospital delivering her little package
And last but not least Miss Nina will be here within the next 3 weeks!
These 3 are going to be best buddies!
Can't wait to meet you Nina!