Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mac #3: 12 weeks


Goodbye 1st trimester and hello 2nd!! I'm still feeling the same, sick at night and tired. I can tell I'm getting a little more energy back and the past few nights the nausea has let up a little. I still can't eat much at night. I try to stick with cereal or toast. I'm hoping I'm turning the corner and the morning sickness will be behind me from this point on. I'm getting anxious to find out if this baby is a boy or girl. My "feeling" is a girl but I'm not confident of that feeling at all. We ask Brody all the time if it's a brother or sister in mommy's belly and he always says a sister. They say the old and young know :) I don't think it matters what we name this child because she will be known as "sister" from the boys.

Here's "sister's" development this week:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, her toes will curl, her eye muscles will clench, and her mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. Her intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now, and her kidneys will begin excreting urine into her bladder. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. Her face looks unquestionably human: Her eyes have moved from the sides to the front of her head, and her ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Here's 12 week belly shot with Mac #3:


For comparison here is Jax's 12 week shot:

And Brody's:

0 comments: