Sunday, August 12, 2012

Life as a family of 5 & Csection recovery

We have settled into a new routine as a family of 5. Landry has been with us for 5 weeks now and it's as if he was a missing piece to the puzzle. The boys absolutely adore him and going from 2 to 3 kids has been a lot easier than from 1 to 2. I think it is because Brody and Jaxson have each other to play with and entertain one another, where before I was Brody's playmate and then couldn't play with him as much once I had Jax.

Logistically it is harder. Getting 3 kids ready to go, finding shoes, packing bags, getting them in the car is exhausting just to go for a drive or over to the parents house. I haven't ventured out by myself with all 3 yet except to go to my parents. Even just running an errand I ask if someone will go with me and then they sit in car with kids while I run into store. I can't imagine going by myself into the store with all 3 or going out to dinner, that might have to wait a few years :) It's a lot of work but it is definitely worth every ounce of sweat and tears, lol.

My recovery is going slowly which is extremely frustrating. With the 2 older boys I was fine after a week or two, could lift, clean and do all the things I like to do just fine. Here I am 5 weeks out and I'm still in some pain in one area of my incision (I think I have a stitch sticking out still that didn't dissolve! yuck ) and still can't do the things I want to do. If I lift Jax out of his crib or help Brody onto the potty I pay for it later in the day and am in pain around my incision site or my muscles around my pelvis are sending sharp pains throughout. I don't know if this is normal or if I've done too much from the beginning that has slowed my recovery but it's not fun. I can't not pick up my kids or do things around the house! I go back to the doctor the 24th so hopefully I will get some reassurance that it is normal and will just take time.

0 comments: