Sunday, August 9, 2009

Baby Food




I've started to make Brody's baby food and I must say that I'm really enjoying it. I'm not one that spends hours in the kitchen, I actually hardly cook or bake. But after finding that Brody wasn't liking too much of the jarred vegetables and trying to go organic with his food but finding it hard to believe that they don't put perservatives in those jars of food I decided to give it a try not expecting it would last very long.

We found that Central Market has the biggest selection of organic fruits/vegetables and Target having the 2nd most variety. So far I've made sweet potatoes, avacodos, bananas, baked apples, baked pears all of which he loves and gobbles up. I have peas and green beans but I'm a little nervous because I've read they are harder to puree. I would have to say that his favorites are bananas and pears, he just cannot seem to get enough of them. I need to add some more vegetables to his lineup but I'm not sure what...any suggestions?

Its fairly easy to make baby food and far cheaper just a little time consuming but well worth it for little mr. amazing :)

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Jolie Loved Butternut Squash...I baked it for her...and it was very easy. Have fun :) Happy Eating Brody!

Ashley said...

I'd like to hear how you are making his food. I plan on making Carter's food, too. I am looking at a Beaba Babycook, but it is pretty spendy.

I love the "Mr. Amazing" onesie. Carter has that one, too :)