Monday, August 17, 2009

Daycare

Summer is offically over and Brody starts daycare tomorrow :( I cannot tell you how many times I've shed tears over this. It's definitely going to be the hardest day for myself. We met his teacher last Wednesday and dropped some stuff off today. He loves his teachers Ms. Rachel and Ms. Terri and he has 6 boys and 1 girl in his class. He already knows one little boy named Mason. His momma use to work at my school but now works at the high school. Mason is only 2 weeks younger than Brody so I know they will be great buddies.

It has helped me a great deal that Brody was so happy go lucky with his teacher last week.

BUT...Brody is cutting his first tooth right now and OMG he is miserable. Nothing pleases him and he just cries out in pain. He is trying to chew on anything and everything, drooling a ton and running a low grade fever...between 99-99.3...we can see the white of the tooth right under the gum but it hasn't poked through yet. It breaks my heart seeing him so miserable. Last night he didn't go to bed until midnight because he was in so much pain.

This is definitely going to be a rough week!

LeAnn

3 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Ok...I got the girl down and bottles washed...so I came to leave you a little pep talk :) You will do just fine tomorrow...I'm not going to lie, it will be one of the toughest days of your life but it will soon be followed by one of the best moments of your life...picking your child up from daycare for the first time and them seeing you and smiling because HIS Mommy is there to take him home and Love on him - there is nothing like it (I can't wait to hear about it from you)...I know it sucks having to do this, if I could take the sadness and tears away I would...but trust me, you will be ok, I bet you'll even surprise yourself. Hang in there...I was thinking of you all day today...because I knew how much you were dreading this...love you girl!!!

xoxo

Ashley said...

Hope today goes okay. I know it's not easy to leave your little one all day... I still hate it.

Hope the time will fly by!

Anonymous said...

Teething is horrendous, but thankfully it's over pretty quickly. That first tooth was about the end of me! :) If you can see the white spot you're on the downhill slide though I think. I first spotted B's white spot on Wednesday and by Saturday it had popped through. Phew! One down, 19 to go! :)

p.s. daycare will be great! Hang in there. :) And he will be SO excited to see you when you pick him up!