Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Uptake, Ultrasound...biopsy

Well I had my thyroid uptake scan last Tuesday/Wednesday to try and figure out why my levels were out of whack. This showed that my thyroid was not working on the left upper side. So they asked that I have an ultrasound on Monday. This showed a tumor in my left lobe of the thyroid..they call it a cold nodule, cold being that it doesn't produce or take in thyroid hormone or iodine.

They then asked that I go in for a biopsy this Friday to find out if it cancerous or not. They have to insert a needle into my neck to get a sample of the tumor from my thyroid...I'm a little nervous about the needle part so please keep me in your prayers on Friday for a painless procedure!

Keep y'all updated,
LeAnn

7 comments:

Parker's Paradise said...

Thinking about you and praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Prayers for you!

Blankenship Babbles said...

You are always in my prayers...It will be over before you know and they will be getting to the bottom of this...Keep your strength!!! You can do IT!!!

Love you - Mandy

Ashley said...

LeAnn,

I will be thinking of you and praying for a quick and painless procedure with good results! Please keep us posted.

Parker's Paradise said...

Any news yet? I've been thinking about you!

Ashley said...

Just checking in on you. I hope that things went smoothly on Friday. Update us when you can.

Parker's Paradise said...

How is Brody? I've been thinking about y'all and praying for you!