Monday, September 28, 2009

Biopsy Results

Sorry for not updating sooner. It's been busy busy around here.

So I went in for my biopsy on Friday, checked into the hospital, get called back and the radiologist tech preps me for the biopsy, starts the ultrasound to locate the tumor and then goes to get the radiologist. The radiologist searches and searches for the tumor so that he can stick the needle in it and guess what?!?! There's no tumor!!!

That's right NO TUMOR, I was beyond thrilled. I did get diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease. An autoimmune disease where the body attacks the thyroid gland for no apparent reason, probably triggered by my pregnancy. Evidently my body will kill my thyroid and it will stop working. Right now part of it isn't working which causes it to look lumpy. The "tumor" that they found earlier in the week was actually just lumpiness due to the disease.

So I will have to be monitored closely and start on thyroid medicine to control and regulate my thyroid horomone level.

Such an answered prayer, thank you so much for praying for me over the past week, they have been answered!

Much love,
LeAnn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Wonderful news!!

Ashley said...

That's great news! So glad to hear there is no tumor!

Parker's Paradise said...

I am so Happy to hear that!!!