Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lil Mac: 16 weeks



Well we finally got over our illnesses from last week! Brody is feeling SO much better and the bronchitis has seem to calm down, thank goodness! It was a rough week for sure.

Momma is doing well and getting anxious to find out the sex of this baby. Brandon and I know when we go to the doctor to find out but we aren't telling anyone so that we can surprise our family with the news. We are sneaky like that :O) Brandon said he's really anxious to find out the gender of this one because he already knew what Brody was but isn't sure with this one. I keep going back and forth on a girl and boy. I honestly thing it's such a random draw and I've felt so different from Brody's pregnancy. I don't know if that's because this is my second time around so my body knows what to do and expects this or if it's because it's a girl. From our timing I believe our chances are higher for a girl! We will see shortly.

Lil Mac's 16 week development: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

I've defintiely grown this past week so if the baby is about to go through a growth spurt I should definitely look pregnanct in the next week or two rather than my current state of just feeling/looking chunky. I'm so ready for that big round belly :)

I've been feeling random movements for quite some time now but they have been picking up in strength the past week. Mostly at night when I'm getting ready to fall asleep. I wonder if this baby will be the kicker that his/her brother was?

1 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Happy 16 Weeks girl :)

Won't be long till you can give your baby a name :) When is the official gender scan anyways???

So exciting!!!