Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tugging at your heart strings!

There's something about a sick kid that makes a mother's tummy just ache. And it makes a working mother ache even more to be a stay at home mom.

Brody has not been feeling well since Saturday and is extremely clingy to his momma.
He's had a bad cold/upper respir. infection, cold in his eyes and is cutting FOUR upper teeth, yes 4!
Which is fine with me, I love rubbing his back, wiping his nose and hugging on him a little extra when he is feeling down. But it also makes it so much harder to go to work when they are like that. I feel guilty! Really guilty leaving him when he's sick. I know he will be fine with whomever he is with but there's just something about those sad, sick eyes and that pathetic sound of "momma" that makes you want to throw your hands up and say I quit!

I feel very fortunate and blessed that both Brandon and I have good, secure jobs and therefore 98% of the time I can just call in sick and stay home with my baby when he's ill. I'm also very blessed in the fact that I have all summer off, many breaks during the school year plus 10 sick days on top of all the other breaks.

I have 8 more Monday's left and then I can stay home with my sweet husband and precious baby for 8 weeks. I cannot imagine working knowing there was no summer break to look forward to or 2 week Christmas break. But at the same time I feel a constant, internal battle to say can we work it out so that I can stay at home! I suppose every mother goes through this and some days I'm so thankful I work and B gets the interaction that he so needs with other children at daycare.

I've also been battling that he will get a new teacher next year. What?! Wait one sec, I am very comfortable with his teacher's now, why can't they move up with him!! I'm very anal about the care that Brody receives at daycare. I can't help it, when it comes to my child and protecting him I have to feel comfortable with the people he's with and feel assured they are doing everything to eliminate the germs that manifest in a daycare setting. Then I started thinking about it and I better get use to it because that's the way it's going to go now until high school. I don't know how I'm going to survive middle school years!

Til next time,
LeAnn

0 comments: