Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I didn't knock on wood

I thought we were getting better and apparently I should have knocked on wood. I know most of y'all don't want to hear about my sick kids again but I do this more for "record keeping" than anything.

Today was a 1/2 day PLC but I had scheduled Jaxson's 1 year shots a month ago since he was sick at his 1 year check up and couldn't get them. I didn't realize it was a 1/2 day PLC but thought it was perfect because I wouldn't have students and I could just run real quick to get his shots and come back to finish up my planning. Should have known better.

I quickly pick up Jaxson from daycare and run across town to his 2:00 appointment. I noticed putting him into the car that he felt a little warm but was hoping he was just hot from playing. When we got back into the doctor's office the nurse asked that I undress him so that we could get his weight and I knew immediately he had fever. So I asked the nurse to get him temp before we started the shots and sure enough he had 101. You've got to be sh****** me is what I think I said. UGH!! This child has been on 5 days of steroids and 7 days of amoxicillin! How is he running a fever?!?! He also has been getting a diaper rash that just wasn't getting better so I asked the doctor if it was a yeast infection, sure enough it was. Oh great, is that what Brody has too, he's was on the same steroid? He had a similar rash but anytime my boys get on antibiotics they get some sort of diaper rash due to them. Sure enough both boys have yeast infections. Awesome! I will never be giving that steroid again!

Dr. J ran Jaxson's 1 year blood work and wanted to check his white count just to rule things out with his fever while being on an antibiotic. The nurse popped her head in about 10 minutes later saying we couldn't leave yet because his count is elevated! Greatness. So we waited and Dr. J came back in and ran a strep test (because its going around daycare). Luckily that came back negative. He thinks Jaxson just has a virus but wants us to watch him and if he gets worse or still has fever Friday to come back in to see what's going on with his white count and run more test.

So that's where we stand. I sure hope this is the last of this crap for awhile, I'm about at the end of my rope with the back to back sickies at my house. Cannot wait til Thanksgiving break! 2 more weeks, we can make it....

1 comments:

Ashley said...

So sorry about the boys being sick! I know how hard it is. When Carter was in school, I used to cry because it seemed like he was sick nonstop. Hope they are better soon!!