Monday, March 19, 2012

Landry: 19 weeks

I'm at the doctor's office now and since I know I will be waiting awhile I figured I would update.

Landry is measuring right on track and looking great, so is my cervix. The below picture is of today and he had his little hand up to his mouth :) sweet boy! My shot last week went great with no after pain and I'm hoping for the same this week.
Here's Landry's weekly development:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His or her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.

Some research suggests that your baby may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him or her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom – about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now.

Your baby's kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his or her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in your amniotic fluid.

Love,
-The. Macs-

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

I was hoping the bigger needle would be better...yay!

I think it's pretty funny we both took bathroom pics ourselves with our third babies...things sure do change, don't they :)

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.