Friday, June 22, 2012

1st unexpected visit to dr

I've been telling hubby for over a week now that I felt Landry was trying to bust out from sides and that my ribs were killing me. I've also had terrible back pain. We've been doing a lot of projects around the house so I figured that was it.

Well, Tuesday I noticed Landry's movements had slowed down significantly and by Thursday morning he was hardly moving at all. So I called the nurse and she said to come on up to get on monitor. Dr. B checked my cervix, it's very soft but not dilating, did an FFN test(came back negative) ultrasound looked good but showed Landry to be transverse and about a week behind due date. So them we got on monitors for a NST, which he failed. His heart rate was very flat(meaning there werent any accelerations with movement) and he had 2 dips into the 90's. I ended up spending almost a hour and a half on monitors and having to drink juice in order for Dr. B to be satisfied with his readings.

She said she thinks he's in a weird position(transverse with head in ribs) and that's what is causing lack of movements but is ok with it right now as head isn't putting pressure on soft cervix. I go back in another week for repeat testing.

Please pray for increase movement, growth, and head down positioning.

0 comments: