Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer project: playroom

Last summer we painted the inside of the house except the boys rooms and bathrooms. We didn't do those rooms because I knew I wanted to do something different but didn't know what. A year later I'm ready to tackle these rooms :) I wanted a place the boys would love and be able to keep organized and clean as we will be spending a lot of time at home once Landry comes.

I have a love-hate relationship with the playroom! I love that all the toys stay in one place but I hated the lack of organization and cluster that could occur within 5 minutes of the boys being in there. I wish I took before pictures but it was pretty disastrous! The boys, at times, couldn't even go in there to play because there was so much crap everywhere! Now, everything is organized and has its place! The only thing left is putting up the buckets (once we find a black rod).

They have a reading nook, bean bag for movie watching, chalkboard/magnet wall that has some of their school work, and the train table.

0 comments: