Sunday, September 7, 2008

14 Weeks


This week has been great for the McCollough’s. I feel like I’m getting a lot of my energy back and overall feeling fantastic. I’m on day 3 of my shots and last night’s shot left a little bruise. I have a feeling with each shot the area will become more sensitive and bruised. But all I have to do is look at those sweet ultrasound pictures and it makes all this worth it. I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with this decision to go on the blood thinners and I feel I’m doing everything possible to keep this baby in good health and to protect myself from clots as well. God has truly blessed me with amazing doctors who have taken a proactive approach and given us the time and energy to make sure all is well with the baby and I. Mom and I went shopping this weekend for maternity clothes. I’m so excited that all the fall items are out and that cooler weather is on its way. It’s my favorite season! Baby and belly are definitely growing and others can now tell that I have a baby bump.
Here’s this week’s development:
Crown to rump, your baby is around 3 and a half inches / 9 centimetres long and weighs one and a half ounces / 43 grams. The body is now growing faster than the head. This week, its parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth). Though eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on top of the head is sprouting, this hair may change in both texture and colour after birth. About now, the fetus can grasp, squint, frown, and grimace. It may even be able to suck its thumb. Researchers believe these and other movements probably correspond to the development of impulses in the brain.
We go back to the doc on Sept. 22, 2 more weeks!
14 Weeks:

Yesterday was Ben’s 3rd birthday. I cannot believe he is 3. I asked Andy last night if they would stop growing and he just smiled and said I can’t do that. They aren’t babies anymore. We had a great time, forgot my camera and Ben got a lot of great gifts. Happy Birthday Ben!
Have a great week and thank you for all your prayers, they are greatly appreciated and have been answered.
LeAnn

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on making it to the second trimester!

I am sorry to hear about the shots. At least you know you are doing everything you can to keep your little one safe. I hope the pain and bruising will not be too bad.

That's a cute little bump you've got there!

Ashley

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

So, you think we are having girls?!? That would be fine by me, and I know Roddy wouldn't mind but how would Brandon take it? =) I know he wouldn't really care and I am getting the feeling both of our MIL's want grand-daughters!!! Talk to you later!

Blankenship Babbles said...

Sounds like everything is going good, and Happy 2nd Trimester to you!!! I am praying for you all everyday...I know the shots suck, but keep your faith that you are doing everything to ensure your baby and yourself a healthy 6 more months...we are thinking of you...

XOXO-Mandy