Monday, September 22, 2008

16 Weeks


Hey there! This 16 week update is going to be short and sweet, I'm battling a migraine that I've had since Saturday night...I think I might have overdid it a little. We went to the A&M game and I either got the migraine because they got their butt kicked so bad, which usually I wouldn't mind or its because I was outside all day and my sinuses just can't handle it. My throat is also getting sore so I'm thinking sinus infection...YUCK! But a big thanks to Deneise and Shane for allowing me the opportunity to go to my first college football game...those AGGIES sure are loud with all their whooping!

Went to the doc today for our 4 month check up. Baby is doing great with heart rate in the 150's. We talked a lot about the lovenox and what that means with my birth plan. You can't have an epidural for 36 hours when you are on lovenox, which I thought it was only a 12 hour wait. So at 30 weeks I will switch to heparin, which has only a 12-24 hour wait for an epidural. Only downside to heparin is that I have to give a shot in my stomach twice a day vs. once a day but hey, what's one more shot a day! As of right now I will be induced at 38 weeks and will be treated here on out as high risk. She pretty much said I will be checked more than any other person in her office to make sure placenta and baby are doing ok. So that makes me feel better...B always said I was special :) The only reason why I wouldn't be induced at 38 weeks is if my cervix is closed tight and doesn't want to open up, then we will cross that bridge when it comes. So looks like we will be having a February baby vs. a March baby. I'm fine either way as long as baby M is healthy. Our next u/s will be on October 20th and that will be the big one where we will hopefully find out the gender! From there on out I will have a u/s every 4 weeks and then weekly when we hit the 30 week mark.

Sorry so short but this migraine is kicking my tail!

Til next time,
LeAnn

6 comments:

Nana said...

I don't know why you have to verify with a sonogram what I have already told you.... it's a girl... Emma Michelle McCollough.

marcy said...

Ooohhh...I cannot wait to hold that baby!!!

Judy said...

Yeah! February 21 would be a great day for Emma or Adam to be born. I could use a little birthday buddy. I'm sure your doctor wouldn't mind delivering on a Saturday.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time at the game...sorry you aren't feeling so great now...that stinks...hope it gets better fast you need your energy :) Sounds like Baby Mac's heart is just perfect...one more month till you know what to shout from the mountain tops :)~ Either way, that baby will be a cutie :) XOXO

Ashley said...

Another week down! Just 4 more posts until you know whether you are having a boy or girl. It seems like forever!

I am glad that your doctor is monitoring you more closely. Hopefully that will help put you at ease.

I hope your migraine is gone and you are feeling better!

Nana said...

Quit wasting everybodies time my granddaughter will be soon enough to straigten everything out.

Thankyou, Poppy.