Sunday, September 14, 2008

15 weeks


This week has been great. B and I started a bowling league with the church last week and I love getting out instead of coming home and getting into bed like I do every other night. Come 4 o’clock I’m ready to amputate my feet because they are throbbing so bad but I know that’s only going to get worse. At school I’m constantly on my feet moving around so I know that plays into it. I just can’t seem to sit down while my students need me up and running. Since the weather is going to be gorgeous this week B and I plan on getting back into a nightly walking routine and I think that will help a great deal. Anyone who has been pregnant please tell me you had terrible rib pain. All week I’ve felt like I’ve been hit in the ribs. My lower ribs are killing me especially when I breathe in deep. Anyone else have this?

I’ve learned a lot in one week about giving yourself shots. For someone who hated needles and use to get queasy when giving blood I’ve come a long ways. That fear is long gone and they really aren’t too bad. The needle itself doesn’t hurt but the lovenox going in is a whole different story. The best way I can describe it is someone lighting a match and letting it burn for a few minutes and then putting it on my stomach. It really feels like I’m being burnt. It is also a 20/20 catch. The slower I administer the drug the less bruising I have but more burning, the quicker I administer the drug the bigger the bruise but less the burn. So thus far I have one bruise and 9 needle marks. I’m sure the bigger my tummy gets the uglier it’s going to look. Oh well, only 170+ more shots, small price to pay for my little nugget.
Brandon was telling me to smile...

Notice the ice pack, it helps alot with the burning!

Please ignore the pregnancy pants, I can't even blog about maternity clothes, it's just wrong!

Here’s what’s going on with baby M:
Your baby now weighs in at about 1 ¾ ounces and is about 4 inches long. Finally the growth of the body is catching up with the head so that they the baby doesn’t look so top heavy. The hair follicles begin to make pigment for dark haired babies and their bodies are completely covered with lanugo, fine hairs that protect the skin. These hairs will disappear before birth, usually. Hearing is becoming more sensitive and if you play music or sing your baby can hear it. Loud noises can startle the baby at this point in time. The heart is still pumping away, practicing for the larger volume of blood it will pump when born.
Babies are practicing inhaling and exhaling movements. Fingernails are completely produced and the legs are getting longer than the arms. The skeleton is getting harder and taking in calcium quickly. Muscles are developing, as is the very thin skin.
15 week belly shot:

Please keep everyone that was affected by hurricane Ike in your prayers as they try to make their way back home and assess the damage.
LeAnn

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I haven't had any rib pain, but lots of other pains (sharp pains in my lower abdomen on either side, back pain, and hip pain when I'm sleeping).

You are so brave about your shots. I can't imagine having to inject myself in the stomach every day. Hope they become less and less painful.

Ashley

Blankenship Babbles said...

Yes the rib pain is normal...do you not remember me visiting the hospital one Saturday with Jols...it got to the point it was just way uncomfortable and worrisome, but don't worry it's very normal...that baby is pushing things around in there :) Ashley is so right...you are very brave doing the shots, but I knew you would be :)~

XOXO - Mandy

Kelly said...

that is what my belly looks like and i am not pregnant at all!! you look great!