Friday, September 5, 2008

Cutest Baby Ever!


In this pic the hand is close to the head and you can also see the umbilicord at the belly.

Baby is upside down in this picture but it's amazing to see his/her spine so clearly. In the next pic the baby decided to flip over for us:

Profile pics


Today we went to the high risk OB, Dr. Tabor, who I liked very much. The two hour wait was well worth it because we got to see baby McCollough for about 20 minutes. They had a big tv screen so that both B and I could see the baby without straining our necks. Boy has this baby grown!


At first the baby was sleeping so the nurse kept shaking my stomach with the U/S thingy to wake him/her up. It was the sweetest thing ever, our baby started rubbing his/her eyes!! (S)He was very sleepy and didn't want to be disturbed. Immediately the nurse and I started awwwww'ing and she tried to capture in time. She said it was moments like this that made her love her job so much...I of course started tearing up. I must say this baby is the cutest thing I've ever seen, chubby checks and was even blowing kisses to us during the ultrasound.


This by far is my favorite pic. If you look closely this is where the baby was rubbing his/her eyes. See the little fist(hand) by the eyes and the little arm, too cute! The head is at the bottom right for those who have a hard time seeing body parts amongst the fuzz.

Dr. Tabor then came and started measuring the baby to make sure all was ok. Baby got a good bill of health and my placenta looks good as well. After discussing our options he suggested I go on the blood thinner, lovenox for the remainder of my pregnancy so that I don't have the chance of clotting and losing this precious baby. I, doing my research before hand, agreed with him and off I went to learn how to shot myself in the belly. I have to give myself a shot once a day which will cause by belly to get lovely bruises from the blood thinner and I'm sure will begin to strat hurting. Today wasn't bad at all and I was actually very proud of myself considering just a year ago I would get queasy just getting my blood drawn. I guess my fear of needles will soon fade. Here's a shot of these little boogers!


There are a few downsides to the lovenox. I can't have an epidural while on lovenox so I will have to talk to my doctor about a birth plan so that we can work around this problem. I have to be off lovenox for at least 24 hours before getting an epidural so hopefully we can work something out because seeing the size of this baby's head I highly doubt I will be able to do this all natural! Cost is also a huge bummer with these shots. They are outrageously priced but then again I new a child would be expensive :) And I'm so thankful insurance will pay a portion of the cost, without insurance they are $544.00 for a 10 day supply!! So I feel very blessed for the insurance even if it's not the best of the best (I'm a teacher ya know how that goes!)

Please keep us in your prayers that I won't bruise or become a chicken while I give myself these shots. Only 180+ shots to go!
LeAnn

3 comments:

Judy said...

Adam/Emma is soooo cute!!! The picture with the baby rubbing his/her eyes is also my favorite. I am continuing to pray God's protection over this precious baby and his/her mom. Love ya'll.

Kelly said...

those are some of the cutest ultrasound pics ever! i am praying for yall and am so happy for you!

deneise said...

girl...you rock! i am so stinkin' proud of you...givin' yourself shots...WOW