Sunday, October 5, 2008

18 Weeks

Nothing much to report this week. B and I continue to be busy and he is subbing more and more. I love when he subs at my school because of the quality time we get to have on the way to and from work. My shots are going, they are getting a little harder to do only because there is more pain involved and bruising but I think that's because the area is getting good and thinned out and getting tired of being stuck everyday. Luckily, the pain only last a few minutes or so and then I'm over it. I've been feeling the baby more and more this week. Yesterday was the first time I could feel the baby during the day and it's an amazing feeling. I can definitely tell he/she is getting bigger and stronger.

Here's this weeks development:
By week 18 of your pregnancy, your baby's crown-to-rump length is 5 to 5.5 inches long. Your baby continues to develop fat layers and weighs about 5.25 ounces. Your baby will continue to grow and develop, but the rapid growth will slow down for a little while. There is still space available in your uterus and your baby will be active for periods at a time. Your baby may sit cross legged or turn somersaults. Around this time, your baby becomes more sensitive to the outside world and shows her presence through powerful kicks and prods. The bones through which sound is passed to the inner ear have hardened and the parts of the brain that receives and processes nerve signals from the ears are developing. This means that your baby can hear now. Your baby will get used to familiar sounds, such as your heart beating, familiar voices, blood rushing through the umbilical cord and other daily routine sounds. Your baby will become startled if he hears a loud sound.



Only 2 more weeks until we find out gender, I'm getting anxious!
Have a great week!
LeAnn

3 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

Glad to hear that he/she is getting bigger and stronger.

Ashley said...

Sorry to hear about the shots. I can imagine they suck, but you are doing what's best for you and Baby McCollough!

That is so exciting that you are feeling the baby more and more. I still haven't been able to decipher any movements.

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

That's awesome that you felt the baby move!! I can't wait to reach that milestone! I think we need an El aseo reunion as soon as I can get around again!!! Can't wait to find out what y'all are having!!

Take Care,

Leah