Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SURPRISE!!




IT’S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brody Eric McCollough

Yup, we found out today that we are having a boy! We also decided a few weeks ago that we were changing the baby’s name. I wasn’t feeling the love of Adam, this baby just didn’t seem to fit with an Adam. It’s been an emotional rollercoaster today and very overwhelming!! Where to begin…well over the past couple of days my back's been killing me. I figured it was just something that comes along with pregnancy and didn’t think much about it. Well I’ve also been having these episodes of my stomach getting hard as a rock for a minute or two and then relaxing. Being the first time mom that I am I honestly thought it was the baby stretching in there and even had Brandon come and feel it. Well yesterday it was so strong and uncomfortable that it stopped me in my tracks and I began to question what exactly it was. I started thinking that it couldn’t be the baby stretching because the baby was no way that strong or big to be doing this to me. So I called and texted some moms that I turn to and asked if it was normal or not. They said it was Braxton Hicks contractions. This morning I woke up and went to work like normal and decided to call my doc to make sure it was ok I was having Braxton Hicks this early in the morning. My back started to really spasm in one area and was killing me! It was so strong that at times I couldn’t walk very well. I was also having the contractions as well. So when the nurse called and I explained what was going on she wanted me to drink 32 oz of water in one hour and to put my feet up for a hour or two and see if that helped. Well of course I can’t lay down at work so I had to head home to get off my feet. When the nurse called back to check on me I was stilling having the back spasms and contractions so she wanted me to come in and get checked. So off B and I went to the doctor’s office. We heard the heartbeat, 150’s , and she checked my urine for UTI or blood but all looked clear. So when Dr. B came in she started poking and proding around. When she hit my back it was very tender meaning my kidney is tender. She also checked my cervix because she said I was having contractions but thank goodness Mr. C was tightly closed and very hard! Long story short she said there could be a couple things going on. I could have a kidney stone that’s causing the pain and in turn irritating my uterus. I could have pulled a muscle that’s making my kidney tender and just needs to heal. But I am having Braxton Hicks and she isn’t sure why. She said it’s uncommon to have them this early in a first pregnancy and she wants to call her high risk OB that she works with and see if I should be put on progesterone to help pre-term labor. I have to take it easy and drink plenty of fluids and keep my bladder empty. We will re-evaluate on Monday when I go back in on what’s going on. So since we’ve already been through so much with this pregnancy and it always seems that something is going on with us she said we deserved to see our little baby and she wanted to go and play around and see if we could find out the gender.

Let me just tell you this little guy is a busy b in there! He would not stop moving. He was kicking up a storm but kept still 3 times in order for us to see the goods!! He had his hand about his head again and has gotten so big! She could snap quick enough to get a picture of the parts but she said we probably will get pics on Monday for sure. He opened and closed his eyes, yawned and put his whole hand in his mouth! He definitely is a cutie.

B was grinning ear to ear. He’s such a proud daddy. We went and got these balloons, an arrangement for the moms and Marcy. Took it up to their work and their reactions were priceless.

Keep us in your prayers, these contractions I’m hoping are just something I will have to deal with and baby can stay in there and grow to term.


The baby is looking at us in the above picture. The darker circles are the eyes.
Profile with arm next to head

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay for boys!!
I'm so excited for you!!

Boys are loads o' fun!! :)

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Congratulations! We are both having BOYS!

I know how stressful unknown pains can be! It is always best to call and run things by the nurse/doctor. I hope the back pain and contractions will stop. Take it easy!

vanessa aleji said...

I was so surprised to read Mandy's post this morning. I thought I still had a few days to vote! :P

Congratulations, honey, to you and Brandon. I love the name Brody, and of course, I'm a fan of the Eric namesake, as well.

I'll keep you in my prayers while you go through all these ups and downs. I hope your shots get easier for you, too, or at least not any worse. Thinking of you all...xoxo~v

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting! I hope you begin to feel better!

Stacy

deneise said...

yay you!! i've always loved the name eric...just ask marcy!!

In Faith Photography said...

Just thought that I would let you know that with both of my pregnancies I started having BH contractions at week 15. At least 1an hour. I am on my feet ALL day at work and my dr. said that is why and not to worry unless I ever got to 5 or 6 in one hour. Just make sure you are drinking PLENTY of fluids! Just thought I would share this with you! COngrats on the boy!

Leah said...

Yea, I'm so excited your having a little boy!!! I can't wait until Brody and Dylan can play outside together!!! I love the name, super cute, boys are so much fun!!!

Hope you feel better soon, everything will be all good and before you know it you will have little Brody man in your arms and you won't even remember all the pain you went thru to have him!!!

Let me know if you ever need anything, I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away!!!!
XOXO,
Leah W.

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

YAY, a little boy!! Brandon was right...how funny! Hey B, what do you think we are having...I would like you to give us some insight!! =P Congrats you two, and I hope you feel better soon girl!!

Leah

marcy said...

Can't believe I am just now reading this post, though I've known...
Yes, Neesie loves the name Eric. And I love that we are having another boy! Yay BOYS!
I love you guys!