Monday, April 20, 2009

2 months

Today Brody went in for his 2 month check-up and we got a great report. Here's the stats:

Weight: 10 lbs 13 oz
Height: 22 1/4 inches
Head: 15 and something
Shots: 6(3 in each leg) We both cried :(

I asked that he be tested for Factor V and the doc said we have to wait until 1 year because of the amount of blood they have to draw for this test. Remembering back I think they had to take 6 vials for my test and he said it was just too much for his little body.

He has a touch of exzema(spelling?) which could mean a touch of allergy to something, probably milk that I'm passing to him. He said he would really like me to breast feed for a full year because of this...he'd probably be allergic to formula. So my goal is 1 year. I was going to breast feed for 6 months(once the booger gets teeth I'd rather him be off) but as long as my schedule for next year allows me to pump then I will try and go for the whole year since it's what is best for him.

He's going to keep those beautiful blue eyes!!!!!! He said most eyes will turn by 6 months but that if they are going to turn darker they have a darker rim around the colored part. Brody's is blue so he said they will stay blue!

So what's Brody doing at 2 months:
- He's laughing up a storm
- He's the happiest little boy and wakes up smiling every morning. He even was laughing at me while I changed his diaper at 3 am
- He's focusing more and loves his swing. He will laugh at the little animals going around and around. He loves watching the fan too.
- Starting to coo

I will update tonight with pics
Love,
L

PS: I'm also excited to announce the birth of Laiken Neff! She entered this world Thursday and is the cutest little butter ball. She looks just like her momma. Please keep her parents in your prayers. They are having to go through the hardest thing right now by leaving little Laiken at the hospital so she can get over her jaundice and gain some weight. I know it must be so hard! Pray that she can come home quickly.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am glad that Brody is doing so well! He is definitely growing!

Can't wait to see new pictures!

Blankenship Babbles said...

2 Months old...seriously, where does the freaking time go?!?!? He is growing like a weed, next thing we know he'll be gnawing on a piece of steak :) You guys are awesome parents, keep up the good work!!!

XO - Mandy