Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Damn Pigs!

Well as many of y'all have been watching, the Swine Flu has hit Texas and has hit pretty close to home!

So with that said I am putting my family and my house under quarantine. It's so hard being a teacher because we are exposed to so many things! I'd quit if I could but I can't, so I must go to school and hope it doesn't get to us! But outside of school Brody and I will be doing very little. We aren't going to go in public places and I'm going to limit his exposure to visitors.

Call me what you want but I just can't take any chances. Could you imagine what would happen to a 10 week old if they were to come down with this? We already have a plan of action if Brandon or I come down with it. I'm praying that is not the case.

We are also going to take every precaution and change our clothes right after work and lysol ourselves down before we pick up Brody. Viruses can live up to 2 hours on surfaces before dying.

So, we will be having a lot of movie nights here at our casa. I'm sad because we had so many plans and parties to attend this weekend, but I just can't put this little guy at risk. I hope everyone understands. At least until this stupid thing passes we will be staying at home.

Love,
L

0 comments: