Saturday, April 4, 2009

6 weeks


My baby is growing up! I cannot believe Brody is 6 weeks old and let me tell you, he is getting so big!

I find myself during the day sitting and looking at him for hours...he is just so darn cute.

I go back to work on Monday....don't care to discuss it or think about it which isn't good for my lesson planning...I will get there...one day at a time though

We have taken 2 steps forward and one step back with the sleeping. For example, last night we slept from 8:45 pm - 1:45am--great! but we were then up from 1:45 to 5:45 fussing if I even thought about putting him down. He finally fell asleep in my arms and slept next to me until 9:45 which was another great stretch. Bad thing is that I will have to be up at 5:45 next week to get ready for work instead of going back to bed with him and sleeping for another 4 hours. Anyone know how to break a baby from sleeping with you or waking up when you put them down without them screaming their head off and chocking because they've gotten themselves so upset?

It amazes me that I can hear B cry in another room and know exactly what he wants. He has a hungry cry, a dirty diaper cry, a gassy cry and a tired cry, all very different in sound. He even has a pissed off cry

What you are doing this week:
- Brody loves his prayer bear that Mandy got him. I have it on his changer and everytime we change him I push it to distract him. This week he grabbed at it and he always turns towards it and smiles...its so sweet.

- You have moved up to 1 diapers...you can still fit into newborns but 1's aren't as tight on your legs.
- You are getting very long! I think you've grown another couple inches just in the past 2 weeks.
- You still fit in newborns and 0-3 and this week I've put you in a few 3-6 months and they actually fit a little! I think you will be out of the newborns in another week :(

I was trying to catch his smile and he put his arm up..darn!


Til next time,
LeAnn

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

OMG that bear looks huge compared to him...you should see it laying next to Jols. :( I'm glad he is liking his prayer bear...I know you are sad about work...but you will do just fine and atleast you have the summer to look forward to, it will be here before you know it. Take one minute, one hour, one day at a time...Hang in there...

-M-

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

He looks so much like you, especially in that last picture! I am sure going back to work is hard but like Mandy said you have all summer off with him and that's only about 8 weeks away!!