Saturday, May 9, 2009

11 Weeks Old

It hardly seems real...this new life that I lead. Motherhood has definitely been the best thing that I has happened in my life. Brody is such a joy to have around and Brandon and I are finally getting back to being "us" as a couple as well as "us" as parents. It's a fine balance and I think after 11 weeks we've figure it out.

Brody is getting SO BIG! These are the new things he is doing at 11 weeks:

- He is scooting. He will kick himself or push on the floor until he moves forward. He has gotten out of his position at night 3 times this week!

- He has found his voice and loves to talk! He will coo and aahhh and oohhhh right along with mommy when I'm talking to him.

- He only gets up once at night at the same time 3 am. He goes down around 9 every night and sleeps til 3, eats and then goes back to bed until about 6:30 or 7.

- He can roll to his side

- We are working on head control. He's liking his tummy time better so that helps.

- He is still a kicker! Loves to kick those legs

- During the week he is up to 4 oz bottles now, every 2-3 hours! He really loves to eat. The other day I pumped 6 1/2 oz before leaving for work and the little chunky monkey ate it all in one feeding!! I was shocked!

- This week he was sleeping a lot and then he would eat a lot so I think he is growing again.

- He's in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes are pretty much gone :( He is definitely in 3-6 tops and some 0-3 shorts can fit but are tight around the belly so we just go with 3-6. He's not even 3 months old yet!

Last night Brandon and I had a date night. My parents came over to watch Brody while we went to dinner and then we came home and played the Wii. Brody slept the whole time




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a doll! I hope you 2 had a great date night! Happy belated Mother's Day.

Love,
Stacy

Blankenship Babbles said...

Brody is growing up way too fast :) Next thing you know he'll be crawling around the house trying to beat you 2 at the Wii...glad you guys are enjoying your US time...it's important as parents.

xoxo - Mandy