Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Noggin

Now that Brody is walking everywhere he is also getting a lot more bumps and bruises especially when he's tired at night and starts getting clumpsy. He pretty much refuses to crawl anymore so it's hard to stay right on top of him all the time. The other night we were playing and he took the remote to the tv and wanted me to chase him (his new favorite thing) but he turned to quickly while trying to run from me and hit the coffee table square on the handle of the drawer.

I immediately picked him up to see that his head was already swollen the size of a golf ball and turned black/blue. I freaked because I didn't realize that it could swell and bruise that quickly, within 10 seconds!! But after I calmed him down and put ice on it he seemed better.

The only thing that makes me nervous now is that it's still swollen! It's been 3 days, is that normal?

It broke my heart seeing his first Boo Boo but I know this won't be the last so I've tried to buck up and realize it's ok for things like this to happen because they are just unavoidable!


Side view of how swollen it was(it's still half that size 3 days later)

3 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Our pediatrician is always happy to see it swollen outward like that. Scares the parents though.

JAMIE'S CREW said...

BTW - Brody is so cute. Hard to believe he is a year old already!

Ashley said...

What a bump! I think the injuries are harder on us mommies than them! Unfortunately, I think it is impossible to protect them from "boo boos" all the time.