Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lil Mac: 9 Weeks & Doctor's Appt


TADA...Here's Lil Mac @ 9 Weeks
I had my first doctor's appointment today and it went fantastic. I am literally on cloud 9 tonight. I knew I was pregnant but was very nervous because I haven't had any symptoms and have really felt great. Which isn't how I felt with Brody at all. I also didn't think I would get to see Dr. B today because they called yesterday and asked if I wouldn't mind seeing her P.A. because she was pretty behind from being off last week. But lucky me, Dr. B was able to see me and it was so great catching up with her, I truly love my doctor and she means the world to me. She moved offices and her new office is awesome. The decor and set up is beautiful!! You can tell they put their heart and sole into this new office and it's a great place to wait an hour or two vs. their old cramped office.

So we went through my history and I refreshed her memory with Brody's pregnancy. I don't know how you can forget that pregnancy :) After that, she wanted to get a look at the baby and said afterwards that my uterus didn't feel big at all so she was kinda nervous for me as well. But immediatly this little girl or guy popped up on the screen and we could see the little heart just a thumping away. Such a sweet, sweet sight to see. Baby is measuring right on the mark at 8 weeks 6 days and Dr. B says everything looks great. I go back in 4 weeks for my next appointment.

We did discuss preterm labor, contractions and bedrest and she said we might put me on another SHOT at 16 weeks, Progestrone, that studies show can help with preterm labor but she said we will cross that bridge when we get to it. As much as I don't want to give myself 2 shots in the belly everyday, at this point I think to myself what's one more shot, especially if it keeps me outta bed!

I'm extremely relieved and thrilled with this pregnancy so far. I'm so glad I'm not sick, I feel like it's a good start thus far and hope we don't retrace our steps like my last pregnancy. But whatever it takes to get to this baby I'll do :)

Here's what's going on with lil Mac's development this week:

Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones.

4 comments:

Parker's Paradise said...

SO happy for you!! Congratulations!!

Blankenship Babbles said...

Happy 9 Weeks!!!

Ashley said...

Glad to hear all is well.

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

Yay, glad Lil Mac is doing well! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! Congrats again!