Friday, February 24, 2012

16 weeks, dr appt update, frustration!

I had my 16 weeks appointment yesterday and I was suppose to start my progesterone shots. That didn't happen! But first I had an ultrasound to check on Landry's growth and my cervical length. He is doing great and measuring right on track. My cervical length is at 3.6cm, which anything over 3 cm is ideal. We will be watching this very closely. I am up 2 pounds from last month and up 1 pound overall. Blood pressure was great as well at 106/68.

We didn't start the progesterone shots today. Basically my insurance company is giving the round-about with my doc's office and they kinda dropped the ball by not pursuing their decline of drug. We have a plan in place but it's not one in which I'm comfortable with until it's all settled. Basically, dr's nurse is to deal with insurance company and figure out what's going on with the decline. Dr. B said regardless of what insurance company says I have to have the shot starting Monday so to go ahead and order the drug from her "dealer" and we will take care of insurance as we go. So right now I am to go back in on Monday to get my shot and then I will go in to her office every Monday for the shot.

I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound on Landry, cervical check and dr appointment. I basically feel like a ticking time bomb for preterm labor.

Looks like I will be growing here in the next few weeks!
Here's baby's development at 16 weeks: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


1 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy to hear your cervix looks great so far! Hope it stays that way. Good luck with the progesterone shots!