Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Landry: 17 week & shot update

Progesterone shots started on Monday. I was extremely nervous because of the unknown but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The progesterone is extremely thick! It took the nurse 10 minutes just to get the meds into the syringe. The needles were too thin and the medicine wouldn't enter the syringe so she had to keep trying a thicker one. Talk about making you nervous, I kept thinking to myself "if it's this hard to get it into the syringe how is it going to go in my hip!" Luckily, the shot didn't hurt at all and I hardly felt it. I left happy and relieved thinking this was going to be a breeze, ha! Haven't I learned nothing with my pregnancy is ever easy! Roughly 2 hours after my shot I became extremely sore and tender. From my lower back to the middle of my thigh ached, hurt to touch and it was almost impossible to sit down. I went to my parents that night to get some help with the boys and put ice on it but that didn't really help. I went to bed in pain and woke up Tuesday feeling better. Now the area is hard as a rock and tender to the touch. I don't feel it unless I sit on it wrong. I think I need to rub the area to get blood flowing or something, I'm not too sure why the area is so hard? I return every Monday for these shots until 36 weeks.

Landry Update:

I'm starting to feel little flutters, mainly at night when I'm still and trying to sleep but they are extremely soft and not frequent. This is my favorite part of pregnancy and I can't wait to feel him more often.

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


I go back to the doctor on Monday. I feel like a ticking time bomb with each visit. We are monitoring my cervix very closely. Anyone who has had problems in a pregnancy knows that your cervix is suppose to be 4 cm long. If at any point it begins to shorten then I will be placed on bed rest or worse put in the hospital. Once your cervix reaches close to 0 cm you begin to dilate. So at each appointment I hold my breath and pray I get to leave a free woman.

Love,

~The Macs~

I think this pic is better!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy 17 weeks! Hope the pain from the progesterone shot is gone and the next one is not as bad!