Friday, March 13, 2009

3 Weeks


We've had another great week. I cannot believe how fast the weeks are going by. On bed rest it seemed like time was crawling and now it's flying by so quickly I can hardly keep up. We are loving every second with little man even at 3 am. He's perfect in everyway.

The past couple of nights have been extremely long with little to no sleep but at the same time it seems like 3 am is the most intimate times I have with Brody. I can be so sleep deprived and the nights seem so long but when he looks up into my eyes from nursing and smiles at me it completely melts my heart and makes every second worth it. He must be going through a growth spurt or something because he's been nursing every 2 hours. And when you are nursing every 2 hours for 20 minutes and then another 10-20 minutes of burping and diaper change that only leaves momma with about a hour and 10 minutes in between feedings to get some sleep and that's if he goes right back to bed!

Oh and he got his paci this week! About the 2nd night of no sleep he was grumpy at 7 am and I really needed a few hours of sleep so I thought I would try it, sure enough he took it and went fast asleep for 3 hours! I've only given it to him a few times since then and he only really wants it when he's extremely tired and gassy, other than that he will just spit it out or not want it at all. It's really sad actually because the paci takes up so much of his cute little face.

Next week we will start to introduce a bottle with my milk I've stored to get him ready for when I return to work, this will be harder on me than him I'm sure.

Tonight my parents came over and brought dinner(thanks mom and dad) and they also watched Brody while B and I ran to the grocery store. He did great of course and so did I!! It was the fastest I've grocery shopped in years :)

Here's what Brody is doing at 3 weeks:
- Your head is getting stronger and you can hold it up more
- You love your swing
- Eating even more!
- Fitting into newborn outfits better, 0-3 months still swallow you
- Took to a paci this week
- Umbilical cord fell off

Mommy update:
It amazes me how quickly a body can heal. I feel back to normal again and my stomach has gone down quite a bit and feels very empty. I was so use to him being in there that I didn't realize how different it would feel with him not being in there. Although sleeping on my stomach again is greatness! I've lost 18 of the 31 pounds I gained so now I think I have to start working to get those extra pounds off which is fine because when I return to work it will fly off I'm sure due to activity level and stress. I'm getting back on my feet and I'm having quite a few leg cramps from being on bed rest for so long. I'm trying to stand a lot more around the house to get use to it again but I'm thinking it will take time. I'm also trying to walk everyday. The weather is suppose to be great this week so I will definitely take advantage of it.

I would like to ask for all those moms out there, what in the world is up with the night sweats? I mean seriously??!!!?? At first I thought B was playing a joke on me and threw a bucket of water on me or something while I was asleep....I've never experienced anything like it and sure wish it would go away!

My hormones are getting better. The first two weeks I swear I cried over anything and everything. There were even times I'd just start crying over nothing at all. Sounds crazy but I'd even cry because everything seems so perfect! They were definitely all over the place and at times overwhelming but now I feel like they are more in check and getting back to regulated! I'm sure B is thankful for this :)

Off to feed the little man!
Hope everyone has a great spring break!
Love,
L

5 comments:

marcy said...

I cried all the time because I thought that things were too perfect...I thought that at any minute something bad was going to happen. It's just the hormones!!! You'll get past it.
Brody is looking a lot more like B in that 3 week picture!

Shellee said...

totally out-of-whack hormones and no sleep is a BAD combo!! That alone can make anyone weepy! You're completely normal!

Parker's Paradise said...

That empty feeling in your stomach....I cried about that for awhile. I was so happy she was here but so sad she wasn't in me anymore. I missed feeling her move. It will pass. Mine took a couple of weeks but when it was done...it was done. Hang in there and you will be back to normal in no time! You son is just beautiful!

Ashley said...

I am so with you on the gazes they give while nursing... makes all the stress and sleep deprivation just completely fade away.

I am not sure about the night sweats. I have woken up extremely hot, but chalked it up to the heater being higher than normal (gotta make sure the little ones stay warm at all costs)!

My emotions were the same way for the first couple weeks. I would cry about everything! I am glad that has faded... it got a bit excessive :)

Enjoy every minute... it is already going to quickly!

Blankenship Babbles said...

Night Sweats...Don't you love them...Man I remember them all so well with Jols, but with me it started late in pregnancy and continued until a few months in with breastfeeding and I'd still get them ever so often...it's funny you say this in this post, cause I have had a few nights like this already with Nina...but lastnight was the worst by far...I woke up and my entire tank was soaked...I'm not one to sleep naked, but I've been known to go shirtless while pregnant :)~

I tried to prepare you on the emotions after birth...it is something you can't really explain until you are there...it is awesome to have them safe and sound in your arms, but to not have them where they have been all nice and warm where they had been for the last 9 months is just an out of body feeling. It does get better like every other Mommy has said...hang in there...Hormones are a Bitch (there I'll be the one to say it)!!

I'm so happy I got to see you and your little man today he is changing so much...I need to come see him and have more one on one time with you guys...before we know it he'll be scootin' around. He is looking more and more like his Daddy to me...but I still see you in him. Such a cutie...BTW...you look great!!!

Love you guys - Mandy