Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Late Nights

Don't you just love staying up all night? That is what Brody and I have done for the past 2 nights. It all started Sunday when he was up ALL day long! And he was fussy, which is not like him. So I figured this is great, he will sleep all night tonight...uh wrong, Brody had different plans.

Sunday night he cried from 11:00 to 3:00 am for reasons I have yet to discover.

He wasn't hungry...didn't have a dirty diaper...didn't need to burp...but definitely had GAS! So I finally get him to sleep at 3 am in the rocker in my arms and wouldn't you know he was up at 5 am bright eyed and bushy tailed.

So he sleeps all day Monday...because he was so exhausted from being up pretty much 24 hours. He was happy when he was awake but as soon as I got into bed Monday night wouldn't you know he started screaming bloody murder...urgh! So last night we were up until 2:30 am and then he passed out on my chest. And was wided eyed and bushy tailed at 5 am.

Momma doesn't like gas! Or colic...or whatever this is. And I feel so helpless...he screams like someone has just pinched him. And he looks up into my eyes saying DO SOMETHING WOMAN! I feel so helpless. I've tried the Gripe Water and it doesn't touch him but I did have B go get Mylicon drops and it seems to help a little but doesn't totally cure him.

Do you think he's crying just to cry? He's been such a laid back happy baby the past 4 weeks, I cannot put my finger on what changed in the past 48 hours.

Oh and what's more fun than being up all night? Him throwing up all over our comforter and himself today...he overate and blew his lunch. So off we went to get a bath and clean up. Now he's sleeping...I should probably be doing the same thing!

Have a great week!
LeAnn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY LITTLE MAN DID THAT FROM 4 WEEKS TILL ABOUT 8 WEEKS. THE DR SAID IT WAS COLIC AND CHANGED THE FORMULA AND HE WAS MUCH BETTER, BUT WE DID FORMULA AND YOU ARE BREAST FEEDING. WE HAD TO DRIVE OUR LITTLE ONE EVERY NIGHT AND LET HIM SLEEP IN HIS BOUNCY CHAIR. HE MAY HAVE A STUFFY NOSE AND YOU MAY TRY PROPPING UP THE HEAD OF THE MATTRESS THAT HE SLEEPS ON WITH A PILLOW OR TOWEL UNDERNEATH IT AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

Parker's Paradise said...

Presley had that from about 2 weeks to 8 weeks. Her fits were usually from 4 pm to 9 pm nonstop. It was horrible! You feel like you are doing something wrong and can't figure out what it is you are missing. It is a horrible feeling and I am so sorry you are going through this! She was finally diagnosed with colic and I had to stop breastfeeding. She couldn't process the proteins in breastmilk and we tried out several "special" formulas until we found the right one and when we did, it was amazing! Overnight no more crying! (at least not top of your lungs for 5 hours straight.)

The Sasser Family said...

As the mother of a lactose intolerant and acid reflux baby - I feel your pain. I could only breastfeed Kevin for 2 months because it got so bad. Eliminate dairy from your diet and see if it helps. The more he cries, the more gas he'll have. I had to drink water only and keep a dairy free diet or we had a spitting up and fussy baby! It was no fun. We put him on lactose free formula at 2 months and I had a completely different baby. Not that I recommend you stop breastfeeding because I wish I had kept with it longer, but you may have to change things up to make your little man happy! He's the boss you know : )