Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It takes a village

I'm sure many have heard this and luckily I have a family that believes in the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child"

I'm sure it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I've been off work for, ummmm let's see, when I go back on the 6th it will be 16 weeks! I never dreamt I would be put on bed rest and out of work for this long so B and I have had some pretty stressful times on top of the stressful pregnancy. But what can you do, I've just tried to roll with the punches, have spent many hours talking and praying with God and have put it in his hands to see us through this time which has given both of us peace with it all.

Going back to work, Brody will only be 6 weeks old. This kills me! To the point when I think or try to talk about it I get big ole' tears in my eyes and pretty much begin to hyperventilate, I will get better by the time I return to work but for now it is just something I'd rather not think about too much.

Returning to work I will have exactly 8 weeks until summer break. We've tossed around the idea of putting Brody in daycare. My school district has a daycare center for employees but considering what we've been through with pregnancy, his 3 week early arrival and the fact that he will only be 6 weeks old we just cannot put him in daycare yet. B has been substitute teaching this year but with my return to work he was going to stay home with Brody.

Luckily we have the best family ever and we are getting a Brody team together to watch him so that we can both work! So far my mom is taking 2 weeks off, B's mom is taking a week off and has a few extra days here and there if needed and our Aunt Judy is taking a week off to watch him, how blessed are we? I mean these women are taking their vacation time to watch our child. I cannot repay or thank y'all enough for this support and love.

So far we have 4 out of the 8 weeks covered which will help us out greatly.

I just wanted to thank everyone so much who have helped or prayed for us! Our prayers have and are being answered and we feel so blessed to be where we are today.

Love,
L

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I know the thought of going back to work is awful, but having family lined up to care for Brody is awesome. Now you won't have to stress about putting Brody in daycare. Hopefully you can get all 8 weeks covered and then be home with him all summer!

I can't stand thinking about work yet! Now I know why so many moms are unable to come back to work after saying they will!

marcy said...

I am so checking on my days...Surely I have a few left to spend with my sweet Brody. Actually, He's so small, I could probably just take him to work in my purse! The kids have been wanting to meet Mr. M's baby!