Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lil Mac: 5 Weeks

Boy doesn't this make it real! I can't believe I'm getting to make weekly development updates again for Lil Mac. BTW don't y'all love my new header, my friend Mandy put it together for me and it's just the cutest thing.

Just wanted to put this down for keepsake purposes. We found out on February 17th that we were pregnant again. Technically I found out on February 16th because I tested and "thought" I saw something but it was so faint I didn't want to get my hopes up so I waited until the next day to test again and to show Brandon. We had a very faint line on a pregnancy test because I was only 9 DPO(days past ovulation) but it was definitely there. I showed Brandon that morning and asked if my eyes were playing tricks on me and he got the biggest smile on his face and said he saw something. Brandon wouldn't believe it until he saw the "pregnant" on the digital test which we got the next day. Here's Lil Mac's test:

We very much were trying for this baby and are so excited to give Brody a sibling. I can't wait to see him as a big brother because he is already so loving and caring towards other kids. We are so blessed and I haven't stopped smiling. I'm also feeling great so far. I think it's still early and I'm wishing on a star that I'm one of the few and lucky ones that won't have morning sickness but we will see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's what Lil Mac is doing this week:
During the early part of this pregnancy at 5 weeks the central nervous system, muscles, bones and even the heart will begin to form. Early skeletal development is also possible at or around pregnancy week 5. Remember that every person is unique, thus their baby will develop at a different rate than others.

Perhaps the most interesting changes that are occurring during 5 weeks pregnant include those happening in the heart. During this week, the heart will begin to divide into separate chambers and start pumping blood. The heart is formed from the middle layer of cells, called the mesoderm. Other organs that will develop from this layer include the muscles, cartilage, and bone.

During pregnancy week 5, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord are also developing. The neural tube will start developing from a top layer of cells called the ectoderm. The baby's skin, hair, nails and sweat glands will also develop out of this layer.

A third layer of cells, called the endoderm, is also developing this week. The lungs, intestines, thyroid and pancreas also develop from this layer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a very critical time in our pregnancy as everything is forming and developing. I know many people wait until later to announce their pregnancy, but for us we are choosing to keep our faith that God will take care of this baby and if something were to go wrong we would want the support of our family and friends to see us through. Please keep us in your prayers for the next couple of weeks until we see the heartbeat on March 23rd at my first doctor's appointment. Once a heartbeat is seen the chances of miscarriage go down greatly.

I've also already strated my Lovenox(blood thinners) which will help keep mommy and baby safe from any blood clots that my body might try to form.

Brody and his brother or sister will be 20 months apart

Take Care,
LeAnn

3 comments:

vanessa aleji said...

I love the new header and I am so excited for you guys. Brody's too adorable for words, and I am so happy for you and Brandon to have another baby on the way. I will be praying for you to have an easier pregnancy this time around, and if you ever need anything, you know how to reach me!

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

Yay!! So excited for all three...or four now...of you! I am sure this pregnancy will be somewhat easier now that you know more about what to expect!! Grow Lil' Mac Grow!!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.