Wednesday, June 2, 2010

19 Weeks ~ Halfway


Since I get induced at 38 weeks at the latest I am technically halfway through this pregnancy...HALFWAY! Seriously, where has the time gone. I cannot believe in just 19 short weeks our family of 3 will be a family of 4 and we will have a new bundle of joy.

Everything is going great. I'm starting to grow more which I figured would be the case since I've read Jaxson goes through a growth spurt for the next couple of weeks. Sometimes I think I've grown overnight!

I picked out Jaxson's bedding and Nana is going to make it. We've changed up the house a little bit and the playroom will be the nursery, Brody will stay where he is and we changed the front guest room into a guest room/playroom. Brandon is hopefully going to paint this week for me in the new nursery and we will get the furniture from Aunt Marcy's next week sometime.
Here's a sneak peek at what the bedding will look like



Jaxson's Development at 19 weeks:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

We are wrapping up our last week of school. I cannot wait to have Brody and Daddy all to myself this summer. I've decided to teach summer school and B has several classes and camps to attend so we should keep pretty busy. But none the less we will have a blast. Aunt Marcy's pool has been calling my name for a week now! Hopefully once things slow down we can get over there, this momma needs some color on her skin!

Til next time!
LeAnn

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

It is crazy how time is flying by. I'm just glad you are having an easier pregnancy this time around, you deserve it :) Can't wait to see what Nana does with the bedding...and you with the nursery!!!

Happy 19 weeks!!!

Ashley said...

Congrats on being halfway!!! Cute bedding!