Thursday, December 17, 2009

A few things...

I've been neglecting my blog lately and I wanted to get caught up for memories sake.

Brody is on his 3rd double ear infection as we speak. I had a feeling it was coming since he had a cold last week but I was hoping we wouldn't get another one. He had a rough night Monday so I knew we'd be at the doctor on Tuesday. Doc said his ear's look pretty bad.

We went to the ENT two weeks ago and he took one look at Brody's ears and said he needed tubes. He said he has VERY thick fluid in both ears that cannot drain. So we scheduled for his tubes to be put in on Dec. 31st. I'm hoping we can start the year off right infection free.

When Brody isn't sick with ear infections he's been eating up a storm. The 7 days that he wasn't sick he gain 1 pound!! So I think his taste buds are definitely effected either by the infection or the antibotics when he has ear infections becausee he doesn't eat nearly as good as when he's well.

He's cruising around furniture really good and will even go from one piece to another as long as he hangs on with one hand. He's also started throwing temper tantrums. If we get him to change his diaper or move him from something that he shouldn't be getting into he throws his head back and sometimes kicks his feet. He's definitely fiesty! Right now I'm just ignoring the behavior or saying NO NO which he thinks is funny or a game.

I have a half day with students tomorrow and then I'm done for 2 weeks!! I'm so looking forward to the break.

Til next time!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope the tubes will solve all of his ear issues!

Oh the tantrums! Fun, huh?!?! Carter has been throwing them, too, but they have gotten more pathetic lately. He now puts his face on the ground and sobs, if his fit is ignored :)

Enjoy your 2 weeks off... so jealous!