Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tubes tomorrow

We go in tomorrow at 7 am and Brody will get his tubes at 9. We went to pre op today and it makes me so sad to sit in the surgery room with all the nervous parents and scared kids. And although brodys surgery is very minor and take less than 5 minutes I couldn't help but feel for the parents of children who have more severe surgeries. I feel for the parents and kids who spend more tine in that hospital than at their own home, how do they do it? Why do children have to get sick? What would I do if i had an ill child? Lord, thank you for my healthy child. Thank you giving those parents the strength for their children, I don't know how they do it.

And I know Brodys surgery is minor, I'm still nervous. He's already been poked and prided do much and is scared of docs and nurses that um scared of what tomorrow brings, I can't let him go back screaming for me so my prayer tonight is that the goofy juice will calm him enough to fall asleep. He can't eat after 3 am so I also pray he doesn't get too upset about to getting breakfast. I know he will be out of my sight tomorrow and out of my care but not out of the Lord's sight or care and I find comfort in that.

I will update tomorrow

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope Brody did well today and the tube will be successful! I know you will be glad to have his surgery and ear infections behind you.