Thursday, August 5, 2010

28 weeks ~ 3rd Trimester

Mommy update:

Well this was the first week on my own as Brandon had to return to work for football. Brody and I have been having lots of fun but I've also been having lots of contractions!! They are more frequent in the evening so I think my body just gets worn out chasing and picking up Brody all day. I also believe Jaxson turned head down earlier this week which is what I believe caused me to contracted with Brody so much(he was always head down and very low) Today they've been pretty constant so I'm getting a little anxious. My doc is on vacation this week so I haven't even bothered calling them because I know they will just send me over to observation to get monitored. I go on Monday for my glucose tolerance test and a biophysical profile of J so I will talk to Dr. B about it then. Until then, I'm trying to stay hydrated and get off my feet when I can.

Jaxson's Development this week:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Blood vessel in the umbilical cord. For several months, the umbilical cord has been the baby's lifeline to the mother. Nourishment is transferred from the mother's blood, through the placenta, and into the umbilical cord to the baby.

10 more weeks -- less than 70 days!!