Friday, August 27, 2010

Hospital - Day 1

Well I survived my first day in the hospital. I got very little sleep last night as I think most due in the hospital. I slept from 4 am to 7 am. I had terrible heart burn last night which is a side effect of one of the drugs I'm on so I finally requested something at 1 am which helped. Then my IV pump began beeping at 2 am and vitals at 3 am. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Jaxson hasn't been very active today. He had a flat heart rate on this mornings monitor and then again at noon monitoring that they did because I wasn't feeling him that much, they wanted to be safe and check in on him. Luckily towards the end of the strip he decided to stir a little and pasted his nonstress test. He's definitely got momma on edge. I'll be addressing this with the doctor when she makes her rounds, hopefully later today.

My awesome friend Mandy took the morning off and brought me breakfast, magazines and my favorite must have munchie food. It was so nice to just sit and hang out. Great distraction. Then my Dad and Brody came up to visit. Brody is doing really well seeing momma hooked up to all these monitors, stuck in bed in a new place. He only gets a little nervous when the nurses come in to mess with me and he gets extremely clingy.

My cousin is a nurse at Harris so it's nice knowing family is in the building and she has popped her head in a couple of times. This afternoon my Gma came up and spent several hours with me as well. It's so nice to sit and talk with her whenever I can get the chance!

I'm now relaxing and my mom and dad are on their way up with little man. Hopefully Dr. B will be making her rounds soon as well and I can ask her what the game plan is in 2 days.

Any prayers are greatly appreciated

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Wish I could have hung out for the day, but it was just too dang cold in your room - lol - just kidding. It felt like Home to me, just didn't have my long johns on like I do there :)

It was great to see you and keep your mind at bay if only it was for a bit - and a nice surprise to see Brody and your Dad. You are doing great Momma Mac...you have a lot of people thinking of you and praying for you and your little guy. I know this SUCKS...being away from Brody and Brandon...and your home...but as you know it's temporary and just knowing that you are in the BEST CARE is what is comforting.

Let us know if you need ANYTHING...

love you all...Mandy

deneise said...

hey girl...just want you to know i'm thinkin' of you!!