Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bedrest

Well I'm offically on bedrest for the rest of this pregnancy(8 weeks). I went to the doctor yesterday and after telling her I was contracting a lot and the Procardia seemed to stopped working she hooked me up to the monitors. I was contracting every minute! Jaxson was also pretty mellow and wasn't moving as much as they liked. So she walked in, took one look at my monitor and said I was going to the hospital but first she wanted to check on Jaxson via ultrasound to make sure he was ok.

So I wanted probably 10 minutes in the waiting room for the ultrasound while making arrangements for someone to pick up Brody, which happened to be his first day back at daycare, so I was already emotional/stressed about that and then for someone to come be with me at the hospital because I knew I would be getting Terbutaline. This drug makes me very jittery and my heartrate go through the roof.

Jaxson looked great and was measuring right on track, thank goodness!

My friend Mandy came up the doctor's office to be with me while my mom went to pick up Brody and Brandon was wrapping up work to be with me.

The doctor had checked my cervix and it hadn't changed since last week. At the hospital I got 3 rounds of terb(the most that they can give) and the contractions finally slowed down. They never completely stopped but they did get very weak and weren't in any pattern.

I was sent home after 6 hours of monitoring on strict bedrest and the pill form of terb until we can get the home healthcare set up for a pump. The terb pump will be inserted into my stomach or thigh through a catheter that will continously pump the terb into my system. On top of that I will have a monitoring system at home that I will hook up to twice a day to monitor my contractions. This will be sent directly to my doctor via phone line. I will also see her once if not twice a week in the office depending on how I do on the terb pump.

Let's just say this was the last thing I wanted, any of us wanted but I'm just going to take it one day at a time. This time around everything has changed because of Brody. It's not like Brandon can just leave me and I'll be fine. So we are making arrangements to make sure Brody is watched.

Please keep us in your prayers. I'll update more later

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so sorry to hear about the contractions and bedrest! I know the bedrest was tough the first time around, but will be harder now that you have Brody. The bedrest and Terb pump is a lot to digest.

I am glad to hear your cervix length hasn't changed. I know another woman on hospital bedrest right now who is 27 weeks and her cervix is down to 0.4 cm.

Thinking of you and hoping the next 8 weeks fly by for you.