Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hospital - Day 2

I honestly don't know how people stay in the hospital for weeks and weeks. I've been here for 2 days and I'm about to lose it!

I'm not going home today. My doctor came in last night and said she was going to take me off the motrin today and see how I do. If I didn't have any contractions she was going to discharge me tonight. Well she didn't relay this message to the nurses or on call doctor so when she came in this morning she said she was going to have me stay on motrin for today(my last day I'm allowed to safely take it) and then evaluate my contractions tomorrow to see how I do. I have a feeling I won't be going home til Monday when Dr. B can actually come up here during her rounds and discharge me. But I'm crossing my fingers, once again, for tomorrow night.

I slept a little bit better and got about 6 hours of sleep and the nurse took out my IV this afternoon which is such a blessing. The placement of the IV was very tender and it was hard to do anything with the IV pole and tubing. Now I can give Brody a big bear hug without either of us being scared he's going to hurt momma's booboo.

Last night was probably my hardest nights in a long time. I was exhausted for one. Brody was up here and getting tired so my parents were telling him it was time to go. So he was telling them bye bye thinking he was going to stay here with momma. Well when he figured out he was going bye bye too and leaving momma he had a melt down and then I had a melt down. It's so hard hearing your son scream and cry for you and not being able to even console him or hug on him because you are laid up in a bed that he's scared and unsure of :( it's even harder when you can hear him screaming all the way down the hall for you! My mom said he cried all the way to the car and then once they got going he was fine and zonked out shortly after. For the rest of the night I was extremely teary eyed and even swell up now just reliving it! He still so young and hasn't been away from me very often especially since it's been summer break and he's been with both Brandon and I all summer. I know he won't remember this time in his life but it's extremely hard living through it.

I did get to take a 20 minute wheel chair ride around the hospital which was extremely nice and refreshing even for 20 minutes! You go a little stir crazy stuck in a 10 x 10 room.

Jaxson has been moving around a lot better today so that is reassuring after yesterday's quite time that he was having and flat monitoring that he was displaying.

Til next time,
LeAnn

2 comments:

Open Roads Mama said...

Hi!
I love reading your blog (your son is not that much older than mine :) ). I read your updates from the hospital and just wanted to send some good wishes your way! I was on bed rest for part of my pregnancy (staying at home, though), but I can imagine how you feel - hang in there, you'll be home soon!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.