Wednesday, August 25, 2010

31 Weeks

We made it another week! This week has been a lot better than last week even though I ended up in maternal obs for a few hours on Sunday. They upped my dosage of terbutaline which seems to be holding the contractions at bay for the moment. I honestly live my life in hour increments. I monitor for an hour in the morning and pray that strip comes back with fewer than 6 contractions so that I don't have to monitor again for another hour. I have my extra dosages at 8, 12 and 4 around the clock. I monitor again in the evenings for an hour and pray that one comes back good and then I change out my meds for overnight.

We went to the doctor on Monday and Jaxson is measuring right on track and looking good. He's head down this week as before he hasn't been. My cervix is still closed and I had another negative Ffn test! All great news, we are just continuing what we are doing until next week when I go back.

I'm going to get a belly picture this week! We have definitely grown since the last one.

My pump equipment

Catheter in my leg and pump

Mommy update:
I'm doing really good. This time around is totally different than with Brody. I think I was so anxious and scared out of my mind with Brody. Being a first time mom, first time pregnant, and never in the world expecting to be put on bedrest. This time I know what I have to do and what to expect. I prepared myself that this could possibly happen and I am just thankful for each additional week we can keep Jaxson cooking. Brody also makes the time go by a lot faster and I'm not as anxious or scared. I just take it one day at a time and roll with the punches.
Jaxson's development at 31 weeks:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy

1 comments:

Abby Mitchell said...

You don't know me, but I have been following your blog...I am sisters with someone that follows it...You are doing great! My twins were born at 31 weeks 4 days and are now 7 months old and doing wonderful! Lots of prayers as I know how hard it is to be on bed rest with another little one around!