Monday, September 27, 2010

35w4d Doc appt

I went to the doctor today and was very anxious. I had the ultrasound first only to find out that Jaxson only gained less than 200 grams or 3 oz. He is now 4 pounds 13 ounces. At this point in pregnancy baby's are suppose to pack on 1/2 - 1 pound per week. He's in the 10-15 percentile which makes for a small baby. Most babies weigh close to 6 pounds by now.

Dr. B isn't too concerned over this because she put him on a growth chart and that's where he's been the whole time. He's border line IUGR and we will continue to watch him. If he dips below 10% then we will worry. Ha! Like I'm not already worried. I'd much rather here that my baby is packing on the weight and thriving then wonder if he's not getting what he needs.

My blood pressure was 125/85 at my appointment but my urine looked good so that is another thing we will keep our eye on. If I get a headache that won't go away or start seeing spots I'm to call immediately.

Because Jaxson is not 5 pounds yet she said she doesn't want me to stop the terb pump until Wednesday when I turn 36 weeks so that he can have a little more time to reach the 5 pound mark. If born under 5 pounds, baby's are sent to the NICU because they have trouble keeping their body temperature up, that is why 5 pounds is such a push to get to.

I asked her about what she has seen in regards to people coming off the terb pump and then going into labor. She said its unpredictable. Sometimes women go into labor immediately and others take several days or don't go into labor at all. She said that isn't common so that I should be looking at going into labor soon after I stop the pump. She even mentioned that she wasn't on call this weekend in case I wanted to wait until Monday to stop the pump.

She checked my cervix and I have made a little progress! I'm 1 cm dilated and 25-30% effaced

I plan on going off the pump at 12:01 am Wednesday, ha! So I will update if anything happens.

2 comments:

vanessa aleji said...

I'll say a few extra prayers for you, Brody, Brandon and Jaxson. Grow, baby, grow! Can't wait to meet you!

Ashley said...

Grow, Jaxson, grow!!! Did the doctor say anything about increasing your calories to help him pack on weight?

How are things going now that you have stopped the pump???