Sunday, November 9, 2008

23 Weeks

This week went by very fast! I'm hoping the next 2 weeks will as well. Only 10 more school days and then I have a whole week off :)

Found out this week that I got Teacher of the Month at my school! I get an awesome parking spot and also received these beautiful flowers! It's a great honor considering you have to be nominated by coworkers and students. As a teacher you always question if you are doing things right, or at least I do, and worry about your students learning...so this definitely gave me a boost of confidence that I am indeed doing the right thing and it definitely made my week. Here are the wonderful flowers:


This weekend was very busy as well. Friday night we met our friends Roddy and Leah for dinner. Leah is 16 weeks pregnant and its so much fun to catch up and talk with another prego about what's going on.

When we got home I did a little cleaning because we were going out of town and Brody does NOT like the vacuum cleaner! He was up all night Friday night which in return I was as well. We woke up bright and early to head to Big Spring, Texas for B's cousin's wedding.

Here's the happy couple about to go to the wedding

Mommy and Brody

Uncle B and Ben-who was refusing to take his pic
The best part about this weekend was that we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so I got their yummy cinammon rolls and also tried out their yummy cookies. There is nothing in Big Spring so I ate like crap all weekend and now I'm feeling it.

B and I up bright and early ready to head home!

I also learned that I can no longer go on road trips as my back won't allow me to any longer. The shots are going alot better than a few weeks back. I started letting B pick the spots I shoot up b/c I was having a mental block and that has seemed to help. I was at the mall last week and forgot to give my shot at the right time and didn't remember until I was at a stop light...so I did it right then and there...I look over at the truck next to me and the driver AND his wife were gawking at me, I wanted to roll my window down and say "It's not what you think I promise" but they speed off. Poor people.

Here's Brody's development this week:
Your baby now weighs a little over one pound and measures about 11.4 inches from crown to heel. His hearing is well established and he can make out a distorted version of your voice, the beating of your heart and your stomach rumblings. Loud noises often heard in utero, such as the barking of a dog next door or the roar of a vacuum cleaner, probably won't bother your child when he hears them outside the womb. Some studies seem to indicate that the unborn prefer classical music. In addition to advances in your baby's hearing his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. He's swallowing but he normally won't pass her first stool (called meconium) until after birth. If your baby were to be born now, he would have a small chance of survival (about 16 per cent) with the right care. Every day in the womb makes a difference at this stage. If he was born at 24 weeks his chance of survival would rise to 44 per cent.

23 Weeks


Look at that belly! Looks so strange from this point of view!

Hope everyone has a great week!
LeAnn

5 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

Congratulations on being Teacher of the Month!! I'm sure you are a GREAT teacher. Thanks for sharing the story about the shot at the stop light - it made me laugh. I'm sure the couple was very surprised. Hope you have a good week.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Congrats on Teacher of the Month...what a great accomplishment...it's always nice to know when you are doing a good job, sounds like this award was just what you needed to confirm it :)

Also sounds like you had a good weekend away, minus the hurt back from traveling :/ That stinks, but hopefully you got a good back rub out of the deal! Brody sure is growing in there...I think you are right, he's coming early...Hope you got me one of those cinnamon rolls?!?!?! :)~

XOXO - Mandy

PS...keep that shooting up at the lights to a minimum :)~ LOL!!! You crack me up!

Ashley said...

Congrats on being Teacher of the Month! That is awesome and the flowers are beautiful.

I am glad the shots are going better for you.

You are looking great!

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

Congrats, the flowers are beautiful!! Had fun catching up Friday, we will have to make it a tradition!! That is too funny about giving your shot at the light, those people were probably thinking, what in the world is that lady doing to her baby?!? =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Teacher of the Month, that is great! Brody really is growing in there! I agree with Mandy that he is going to come early!

Love,
Stacy