Sunday, November 16, 2008

24 Weeks!!

Another great week for the McCollough's. Went by pretty quickly.

Tuesday night we wrapped up our bowling league and took 1st place! We will definitely miss it. Last Sunday was also B's last week of softball and he's taking a break until the spring...thank goodness.

We had Andy and Ben over this weekend and had a great time. Ben ended up getting sick and throwing up so he went home with daddy who had planned on hunting :( So Andy stayed with us and my parents came over to help us put up the Christmas tree. I know it's a little early but Andy is such a big helper and is at such a great age for all things Christmas so I figured why not. We got a new tree this year and I LOVE IT. We got it at Home Depot and it has pinecones, red berries and brown rustic limbs throughout. Andy was great all weekend long. He's really into spelling right now and he entertained himself with letters for hours and hours. I love that he's so into school and learning. He's also a genious with a great vocabulary that makes you laugh out loud.

Also did I mention the other genius in the family graduates from UNT in 27 days!!!! We finished getting his graduation announcements and invitations and will hopefully get them in the mail later tonight. I'm so proud of B! It's been a long road but he pushed through and has finished out with all A's and B's, he's an inspiration to me and defines the word perseverance.

We go back to the doc tomorrow and get to see little Brody! I'm super excited about seeing him again. Usually I have high anxiety each trip to the doc but luckily Brody is getting so strong in there that he lets me know he's ok threw kicks and punches. I'm still having the Braxton Hicks contractions, I had 4 in one hour on Wednesday, so I'm going to ask Dr. B about those. We also should get more info on hospitals and what nots at this appointment.

Here's Brody's development this week:
Your fetus weighs more than 1.3 pounds. Though he still has little body fat and his skin is thin and fragile, he's now well-proportioned. His brain is growing rapidly, and he is starting to fill the space in your uterus. From crown to heel he could measure 11.8 inches. This week is also considered viability. If your baby was born, he would have a good chance at survival with assistance.

Can't believe I have a pound and a half baby in there! Grow Brody Grow!!

I will update on the doc appointment tomorrow and add some pictures...I'm too comfy right now to get the cord to the camera...call it what you want :)

Love,
LeAnn

3 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

I'm so glad that you had a good week and a fun weekend with Andy. I'm starting to plan my vacation time for 2009 and will be anxiously awaiting an estimated birthday for Brody so I can be in the waiting room at the hospital that day.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Glad you had another good week. Hope all goes well with today's appointment. I'll be back to check for those picture updates :)