Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today's Project

Well I woke up under the weather, feeling like poo but as the day went on I started to feel better...I think its just a cold!

So I decided to create my own wall letters for Brody since everywhere online wanted to charge me 20 bucks per letter.

Here's the practice letter and then the finished product minus the ribbon. I thought this red gingham matched what was on the bedding but its a little too red so Nana is going to give me some of her extra so that it will match!

I found these at Hobby Lobby for 1.99 plus 50% off that so they were pretty much a steal and then B decided on the darker blue so we spray painted them and then I went back with stencils and painted in the white polkadots. They are perfect but from the wall you can't even tell. Now all I need is to find some sort of artwork to go about the dresser and maybe something above the changing table and I will be set...any suggestions? Its hard to find artwork/hangings that will go with our bedding sinces its so unique and not found in stores.




This is the practice letter, which is a different type of wood. The real letters turned out alot better!

I also have a few prayer request:
-My grandma had to put her dear dog down today, I think he was 20 years old. He was blind, deaf and just old but it sure doesn't make it easier on her. I know what she's feeling and how hard it is to make that decision so please keep her in your prayers.
-My cousin, Charlie, who is only 23 found 3 masses last week that the doctors that were blood clots. He went back to the doc today to make sure they dissolved but they hadn't...they think they are tumors/lumps of some sort and he goes next week for a ultrasound and biopsy. It was exactly one year ago today that I had my tumor removed so please keep him in your prayers as I know this is a scary road he is going down.
-And last but not least please keep my dear friend Mandy and her daughter Jolie in your prayers. Poor Jolie has been getting back to back ear infections and also has a terrible cough going on thats requiring breathing treatments. I know its so hard to watch your little baby be so sick and as a parent you feel so helpless when they are run down like that...so please pray for Jolie's health to take a turn for the better and for her to stay that way.

And I also am keeping those traveling this holiday week in my prayers!
Til next time,
LeAnn

4 comments:

marcy said...

They look perfect!!!
Maybe you could make a fun bulletin board for the wall above the changing table. You could stick things up there that you get from the pediatrician, like how much he's grown and stuff like that.

Blankenship Babbles said...

You can tell Marcy is a Mommy :) I have one of those memo boards above our changing table...girl you could so make one with the fabric from the bedding and some of the ribbon and make it ALL your OWN...and it comes so in handy for little things to remember or keepsakes that you don't want to put up quite yet. And your letters look awesome...a lot cuter than some of the really expensive one's I've seen...Good Job Mom!

I can always draw you something too :)~ LOL

Thanks for the prayers for my little munchkin...she is a tough little cookie and will get through it, especially with all the wonderful prayers from her loving friends and family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma's dog :( I remember us talking about him on several occassions how much he really means to her...that has to be hard, especially this time of year. Give her a hug from me.

And OMG about Charlie...I will definitely keep him at the top of my prayer list.

Much Love - Auntie M :)~

Ashley said...

The letters turned out awesome! I, too, have been searching online for letters for my little guy's room. They are so expensive. I am definitely heading over to Hobby Lobby. $2 a letter is a great deal, especially with 50% off!

I cannot imagine having to put down one of my dogs. I will be an absolute mess if I ever have to make that decision. I hope your grandma is doing better.

I hope your cousin will receive good news next week. What an incredibly scary thing to experience.

Jolie cannot catch a break with this sickness! Poor baby has been sick for such a long time.

deneise said...

yay you! ok...payton is spelled...p-a-y-t-o-n!! :)