Sunday, November 2, 2008

22 Weeks


This week was great! Long and busy but I definitely felt productive. I started lesson planning at work for when I’m on maternity leave and got 2 weeks hammered out. I’ve also started searching for a long term sub...which is kind of scary.

We went to the Aggie game yesterday with Marcy and got to meet up with Neesie, Shane, Kelly and Colin. Deneise showed me the right way to go to an Ag game! Wait til halftime and then go into the MSC and lounge on the couches. I would have gone before halftime but my sis-in-law loves the band! We had a great time.



The guys didn't realize I was taking their pics, they thought I was getting the camera ready so they were doing different poses :)


Brody has developed two new things this week: how to wake up his momma at 5 am! Which is not something he gets from me, I’m in no way a morning person but 3 times this week he was kicking me so hard that it woke me up. He has also shown himself to the world. His kicks have gotten so strong that you can see them through my shirt. Friday, when I got home I sat down on the couch and had B come over to watch, sure enough he saw Brody kicking away. He can also move the remote control if I put it on my stomach. I’ve attempted several times to catch it on video but the little booger stops moving as soon as I hit the record button! The greatest part of all this is that I’m finally getting a glimpse into the personality of our little man. He’s definitely feisty in there and I think he’s going to be a lot like his daddy and be an early arriver.

I cannot believe it’s already November and that I’m 22 weeks along, Christmas is right around the corner and before you know it Brody will be here. Oh and by the way....15 more school days! We can do it girls!!!!

Look how flexible I am! My legs are up by my head

Here's Brody's 20 week ultrasound pics that I promised. I'm a little late, sorry Judy:) They "Boy" is on one of his thighs and that is a butt shot looking in on his junk...it's kinda hard to see but it's there.

22 week belly shot!

Brody’s 22 week development: Your baby weighs nearly a pound and measures nearly a foot in length. Their perfect little pancreas is now further developed and they’ve also started producing their own hormones! Their inner ear is now developed to the point that they have their own sense of balance. Lucky for your little explorer, balance also promotes physical dexterity, which has them actively feeling out their surroundings where skin, body parts, and the resident umbilical cord are the big sensory experiences. Your foot-long baby, is looking a bit like an oversized raisin right now as more and more wrinkles are showing up each week. Not to worry, all that excessive wrinkling is just their skin’s way of planning ahead for the time when they’ll start piling on that irresistible baby chub. Your baby's body continues to grow and develop every day. The organ systems in your baby's body are becoming specialized for their particular functions. The fetal liver produces different enzymes than it will produce after delivery. The liver is responsible for breaking down billirubin, which is produced by the breaking down of blood cells. Because the life span of a fetal red blood cell is shorter than that of an adult, a fetus produces more billirubin than adults do. Billirubin passes from fetal blood to the placenta and then into your blood. Your liver helps get rid of fetal billirubin. Your baby now has a full complement of neurons in the brain and is learning about his body and surroundings through touch. Touch is one of the first senses to mature and your baby may stroke its face or feel his arms and legs.

Have a great week!
LeAnn

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Looking good! It is crazy how the time is flying by. They will be here before we know it!

I can't wait to see some video of Brody's kicking. I am finally feeling my little man kicking away. This weekend I was able to see my belly move a few times. Amazing!

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

I can't wait to feel those little kicks!! Although, the bladder punching bag doesn't sound so great. =) Glad things are going well!!

Leah