Saturday, August 23, 2008

12 Weeks - Wowza


I original started this blog on Saturday:
Just got up from a 2 hour nap and feel very refreshed!!

This is the last week of the 1st trimester!

This week has been very busy, long and full of changes!! I am now officially back at work and 6 am is not a good time for me to wake up, 9 am suits me much better :) So that has been an adjustment. I got all my school stuff into my new room and by Monday at 2:00 I’ll be ready for the new year! Monday B came up and helped me in my room and we got a lot done that I wouldn’t be able to do without him. I literally come home from work around 5 and get into bed. I’m usually asleep by 9. B has been great; cooking me dinner and cleaning the house. Laundry is super backed up right now so I’ll be working on getting that in better shape. (As of Sunday morning I only have 3 more loads to do, yippppeee)

My belly is growing right along with the baby and I’ve experienced ligament stretching this week, ouch! I’ve also been starving all week long…I mean eat your hand starving! It’s usually around dinner time and if food isn’t available asap I could just about cry...it’s a very strange feeling being this hungry but I can definitely relate to the screaming baby when s/he see their bottle! My energy level is tapped once again. I’m always tired and find myself yawning at 10 am. I know the baby is going through a growth spurt this week so I’m not complaining about being tired, I just tell myself it’s a good sign that all is well.
I have a doctor’s appointment on Monday and I’m hoping we get to hear the heartbeat along with seeing our little one! Today(Sunday) I woke up anxious about my doctor’s appointment. It’s going to be the first time I can talk to my doc in depth about the Factor V and how we should handle it during the rest of the pregnancy. I’m also hoping to get the test results from Factor II and MTHFR, not sure if they will be in but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I hope I can find peace and not being anxious every time I have a doc’s appointment. I just feel like every time I go there they find something wrong or take more blood to test for more things that can be wrong. I guess it could always be worse.

Here’s what’s going on development wise:
Your baby's crown-to-rump length is almost 2.5 inches and she now weighs between 8 and 14 grams! In just three weeks, your baby's size has more than doubled and begins to look a lot more human. Even though you won't be able to feel your baby moving at this time, you can stimulate him and he will squint, open his mouth and move his fingers or toes.
Because most of the structures are already formed at this point, few will be formed after this time. The structures will continue to grow and develop throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. Your baby's skeletal system now has centers if bone formation in most of the bones. The digestive system is capable of making contractions that push food through the bowels and it is also able to absorb sugar. You will probably be able to hear your baby's heartbeat with a Doppler at this time! Your baby develops reflexes and the skin is very sensitive.
The brain is fully formed, and the child can feel pain. the baby may even suck his thumb. The eyelids now cover the eyes, and will remain shut until the seventh month to protect the delicate optical nerve fibers.

I broke our bedroom this morning…I went to plug in the computer charger and wham…lost all power to our bedroom. So I went and reset the breakers and nothing happened! Very strange!
I’ll update tomorrow on the doc’s appointment. Here’s this weeks pics: I will post another belly pic later today (have to wait for my photographer to get home)

My super clean house thanks to B:



My classroom is definitely a work in progress but I'm getting there:



I'm using this space for students with missing work! They've been monkey'n'around

0 comments: