Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good News and Bad News

Well the doctor called this morning with my test results and I have some good news and bad news.

Good News: I don't have Protein C deficiency. Also we get to see the baby every 4 weeks

Bad News: I do have Factor 5 Leiden

We are pretty bummed about the news but we know that this is in God's hands. I really do think this doctor was sent to me by him and she is taking good care of me. We have many things in common and she has even had a blood clot before so she is going to let me know what to look for.

As of right now I'm not going on heprin. There are a few more gene mutations she has to test me for and then we will go from there. I'm considered a high risk pregnancy so we will get to see the baby every 4 weeks while they check for blood clots on the placenta, umbilicord and the baby. It's funny because I was thinking I only had 2 more weeks to reach the 12 week mark and I could breath a little easier regarding miscarrying but is seems that will last for another 30 weeks or so.

Please pray for mommy and baby that we don't have blood clots during this pregnancy and that we can have a normal delivery and not a c-section. That's a whole new post in itself so we will cross that bridge when it's time.

I go in tomorrow to get more testing done and then my next appointment is the 25th.

Til next time,
LeAnn

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

There is no such thing as breathing easy when it comes to being a Mommy, and now you have an added worry, and for that I am so sorry for :( That baby is so fortunate to have a Mommy and Daddy like you and Brandon.

God has a plan, and he is with you and Baby Mac every step of the way. You sound like you are in very good hands - and I am so happy to hear you feel so comfortable with your Dr, that is so important. You are at the top of my prayer list and I have already put you on my prayer request list with my November Mommy Buddies...I love you and my thoughts are with you guys...

XOXO

vanessa aleji said...

Even though you're sharing bad news, the good news is that you're confident in your doctor's care. That makes all the difference in the world when you're scared about the health of yourself and your child. I've been very lucky to have great docs take care of me and J during all our scares, and I pray you guys are just as blessed. After seeing the pics of Brandon's close call, I have no doubt God has big plans for you both. I'll be praying for you, and let me know if you need any help researching any medical issues. I have a large medical library at my fingertips here at the hospital! You are more than welcome to come up here anytime. Or if you have any specific questions you'd like me to research for you while you get ready for school, send them my way. I don't HAVE to read perez hilton on my lunch break!

Love you,
V