Sunday, August 10, 2008

10 Weeks

This week has been really good and super busy. I’ve had a lot of energy this week and have hardly felt nauseas. I’m still having tummy aches after I eat but I think it has something to do with milk products. I began the week by helping my dad rock my parent’s fireplace. Wow, what an experience. It wasn’t as hard as I thought but it was very tedious of a job. My dad and I both wanted to throw our hands up at the project but we stuck to it and the end product looks beautiful. Here is a few pics we sent to my mom at work to get her approval of the progress.


Starting Wednesday night we’ve had Andy and Ben while Marcy and Kevin went on vacation. They return tomorrow and it sure is going to be different around here after they leave. They are a bundle full of energy and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it, except for the 7:30 am alarm clock. Thursday we went over to my dad’s and went to the mall and the Disney store to get some much needed toys. Then we stopped at the food court and ate a Chick-fil-a. They were having a promotion and had a huge cow walking around. Right away Andy ran up to him, gave him a hi-five and told him he was on his way to eat some CHICKEN!! The cow was very excited…too funny. Friday Cathy and Jerry came over to have a water gun fight with the boys and then we went to McD’s and Wal-Mart to get some much needed toys, again. Andy got a cool Spiderman transformer that is tons of fun transforming and Ben got a Bat Power Ranger. Then they went over to spend the night at Poppy and Nana’s house where they again went to Toys R Us to get much needed toys. Andy got an awesome Megazoid that is absolutely my favorite, no lie. It has a very cool penguin on it and is just overall cool looking. Ben got a Leonardo Ninja Turtle costume. Saturday we went to the Dallas Aquarium to see the SPIRIT OF THE JAGUAR, manatees, sharks, birds, monkeys, penguins and my favorite a turtle that had a pig’s nose. After we met up with my parents and ate at my favorite restaurant, Babe’s Chicken…greatness! Sunday we went to church and then came home and slept for over 2 hours…we were all worn out.
Some of the funniest things they’ve said this week:
Andy was put into the Think-About-It chair for throwing something at Ben and being ugly towards his brother. After about 4 minutes(one minute per age says Super Nanny) I went in and asked him why he was in there. He explained that he was being ugly to his brother and that should make better decisions. I said that’s right you can get up and go play. He said “Aunt Lee, I need to stay in here because I have some more thinking to do”
Ben will say “Knock it Over” instead of “Knock it off”
In the car Ben was talking to Andy but Andy wouldn’t acknowledge Andy, this is how it went”
Ben: Andy you aren’t listening to me
Andy: No I’m just not talking to you!
When we went to McD’s I asked Andy if he wanted some of my french fries and then I asked Ben if he wanted some…Andy whispered in my ear “He only does what I do” Gotcha!
At bed time Ben will literally talk himself to sleep. I tell him 3 or 4 times to stop talking…he finally gives me a big sigh and says “I’m not talking, I’m whispering”
TOO FUNNY
Things I’ve learned from my two nephews: Having two boys will keep you on your toes(I’m sure having any kid will keep you on your toes but these two are very busy) Andy is all about fair, he wants it equal between him and his brother even down to the last drop of chocolate that goes into the milk. You better go to bed early because the kiddos are going to get up early. If you tell them to work it out amongst themselves or you will just take up the toys 99% of the time they will work it out themselves! Andy is a great negotiator. All Ben has to do is smile and my heart melts and he can get whatever he wants! They are great hair stylist and can make Aunt Lee look pretty. At nap time or bed time sometimes you have to tell them…just shut your eyes and you will go to sleep “but I can’t shut my eyes” –Andy and last but not least…I could never be a single parent!


Brandon went over to his parent’s house today to help his dad and then got ran off the road…LITERALLY. He was on his way home and a car 2 lanes over hit the car next to B and then that car swerved into Brandon’s lane. He was either going to hit her and be rammed into the beginning of a guard rail or go down a steep embankment. He went down the embankment. He was literally inches from that guardrail and if he would have hit that there’s no doubt he would have been in the hospital right now or worse. His car got all messed up but he’s ok. He didn’t call me right away b/c I was at home with the boys and he was afraid I would freak out but did text me to say he got ran off the road…I had the boys and thought it was a case of road rage or something so replied back, ok…little did I know it was more serious than that. Here are some pictures of the hill he went down and how close he was to going into the guard rail. B really is lucky and I’m so thankful that everyone was ok, the boys weren’t with him and the damage to the Envoy isn’t as bad as it could have been. It’s only by God’s grace that he didn’t hit the guardrail or flip the Envoy going down that embankment going 60 MPH. We are missing his (my) Ipod and garage door opener. We think the force threw it up into the dash somewhere and we can’t see it. Oh and by the way the car that created the wreck didn’t have insurance…NICE.


My tummy has definitely grown this week but I don’t think it’s extremely noticeable to most. Here’s today’s belly picture.

10 Weeks
Here’s what’s going on this week with baby’s development: At this point of your pregnancy, the crown-to-rump length of your developing baby is 1.25 to 1.68 inches. It is now easier to tell how much the baby weighs since he is beginning to put on some weight. Your baby weighs approximately 5 grams and is the size of a small plum! This week is somewhat of a landmark for your developing baby. By now, the complete body plan is laid down for your growing baby. Your baby will continue to develop and grow for the remainder of the pregnancy. The fingers and toes have separated and the tail has disappeared now. Your baby has taste and tooth buds at this point, which will continue to develop. The brain will continue to grow at an amazing rate and nearly a quarter of a million new neurons are produced every minute! The embryonic heart is completely developed.

I have alot more pics of this week but I'm getting very tired and blogger is moving slow so I will post them in the next couple of days.

PS: we are watching the Olympics and the US Men’s 4 x 100 relay just kicked some major French butt. It was a very close race and our boys pulled it out at the last millisecond to win the GOLD.
Have a great week
LeAnn

4 comments:

Nana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana said...

Good times with the boys! However, I am sure you will be glad when their Mom and Dad get home this evening. Hopefully, it will not be like last year when their plane was canceled and they had to spend another night.
Also, I went with Poppy this afternoon when Brandon called saying that he had been ran off the road. Little did I know the embankment was so steep. It was by the grace of God that the Envoy did not flip. (Brandon did a great job getting safely down the hill.) The girl who caused the accident really did not seem too concerned. The whole right side of her vehicle was smashed but she was able to drive away (no insurance and all regardless what the law is supposed to be) and the mustang that she hit had quite a bit of damage but was also able to be driven away. The driver of the mustang was more concerned about Brandon. Brandon was pretty shaken but not physically hurt when Poppy and I got there however, I bet he will be very sore today. Praise be to God for keeping my 'baby boy' safe! I just keep running the whole thing over in my mind and it could have been so much worse.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Wow...glad to hear Brandon is alright :/ I got into bed lastnight after reading your posts, I was WAY too tired to comment, but as Scott was snoring away in bed, I got in saying, did you know Brandon was in a wreck this weekend...he immediately rose up and said huh, Brandon...McCollough??? I was like yeah...then I said, he's alright though...and then he hit the pillow again...Boys are dorks, but I saw that he was concerned until I told him he was ok :) Then it was like, ok...goodnight...lazy butt...Anyways...that lady should not even be allowed on the roads...but unfortunately these are the people that often cause the accidents and walk off without a dent or a worry in the world, which is some BS if you ask me.

Well...sounds like you guys had a great time with the boys...they sould like a riot...awww...to be kids again...XOXO

The Sasser Family said...

Your belly is looking so cute! Glad Brandon is okay after his accident. Any word back from your test?