Saturday, August 2, 2008

9 Weeks

This week has been pretty laid back. I’ve had a few great days and I think I’m finally adjusting to the morning sickness and exhaustion. Apparently, not only am I tired b/c I’m pregnant but the thyroid being out of whack also plays a role in my fatigue. The past two days I’ve also turned into a 14 year old and I’m having some minor pimple issues, which I hate! I’m not one to get a lot of pimples but this child had other plans for my face. I blame this on B :) Oh well, I’ll just have to get some pimple cream and hopefully that will fix it. At least I don’t have braces as well or I might blend in too well with the students when I return to work. I’ve read that this is usually in the first trimester because your hormones are all out of whack and should clear up later on in pregnancy.

I was actually productive this week and got a few things done for school. I go back in two weeks (Yikes!) and I think I’m ready. Marcy and I went shopping for school décor and also laminated all of our stuff so that we won’t have to wait forever when we return to school. I got all my stuff cut out (haha Marcy :)and I’m ready to get my room situated. I’m moving into a new classroom this year but luckily I packed everything up at the end of last year so all I will have to do is get my new room up and running. My good friend from school, Heather, said she would help me when we get back and B is off the week I go back so he can always come up and help as well. We might even go up to school next week before I have to go back and get some stuff done or at least get it in my classroom, right now it’s all stuffed in my office at home. Here are a few pics of some items I got for my new classroom.


While Marcy and I were shopping B graciously watched the boys (I volunteered his services) and we caught some pictures of that as well. Let’s just say that when I walked in the house the PS3 was on so that’s not a good sign. They boys have buckets of toys at our house, two of which they play with every time they come over because it’s toys they are still in to. There’s two other buckets that are full of toys but they don’t ever play with these because they are “baby” toys that they have outgrown and I’m saving for our child. I never let the boys get these out because there’s no point; they usually just dump the bucket out, realize it’s not for them and move on. Well, B decided to go ahead and let the boys have a free for all with the toys…it was quite funny when I got home and they were ALL over the place. Here’s the dumping in action:


Here’s what’s going on this week with our little olive: At week's end, your fetus measures approximately 0.9 inches. In both shape and size, it resembles a peapod and weighs less than a tenth of an ounce. The eyelids are fused and won't open until week 27. The wrists are more developed, ankles have formed, and the fingers and toes are clearly visible. Arms are growing longer and bend at the elbows. By week's end, the inner workings of the ears are complete. Though you can't yet identify the sex of the fetus by ultrasound, its genitals have begun to form. By now the placenta has developed enough to support most of the critical job of producing hormones. This week in particular, the irises of their little eyes can function, but (frustratingly for them?) their eyelids remain fused shut for a while yet. Their external ears are formed and their inner ears are now filled with fluid—so your little one is already developing their sense of balance. Your baby's little swimmer legs are still relatively, although other bodily developments are going forward at a nice pace: their kidney is actually functioning now, which means they’ve started urinating. It amazes me that something so small can do so much!


So far to date I've gained 1/2 a pound but the inches are diffently growing. My pants are tighter and some of my shorts are very uncomfortable to wear. Here are 8 and 9 week belly shots, can you tell I'm growing?
8 Weeks

9 Weeks












We are watching the boys at the end of this week while Marcy and Kevin go to Vegas (DOGS!). I’m super excited about watching the boys because they are so much fun and I love having them spend the night. There’s nothing better than seeing their smiling faces in the morning and then trying to persuade them that it’s still night-night time and to go back to bed…only to be told by Andy that the sun is up Aunt Lee. Darn! We found these for them at the grocery store and they are gonna be pumped b/c it’s their new favorite thing!

Have a great week!
LeAnn

2 comments:

marcy said...

First, Thanks in advance for watching the boys while we are squandering our money away in Sin City! Second, I am almost done with my lamination. I can taste success!

Blankenship Babbles said...

I'm definitely starting to see a tiney tiny little pooch...you think it might be BIG now...just you wait :) LOL...Like the new decor for the room and looks like the boys will be set with there yummy Ego...hey, Leggo my Ego :) Keep on Keeping on Momma Mac...