Sunday, July 6, 2008

5 Weeks - It has begun

Here is what's happening with Baby McCollough at 5 weeks: The embryo's heart, no bigger than a poppyseed, has already begun to beat and pump blood. The heart is dividing into chambers and will find a more regular rhythm soon. The embryo itself is about a quarter of an inch/ half a centimetre long and looks more like a tadpole than a human. It undergoes a growth spurt this week. Major organs, including the kidneys and liver, begin to grow. The neural tube, which connects the brain and spinal cord, will close this week. The embryo's upper and lower limb buds begin to sprout -- these will form your baby's arms and legs. The intestines are developing and the appendix is in place.

It truly is amazing that something so small has so much life. God has created this teeny tiny life inside me and it's unbelieveable how much love I already feel for this little poppyseed. It doesn't quite seem real yet but I'm sure it will soon enough.

I've been feeling really good this week. I've noticed that I have a superhero nose! I can smell anything and everything. Which trust me isn't always a good thing. I haven't felt sick much but when I do I have a smile on my face because I know that me getting sick means that baby is growing. On the way home today I thought I was going to do the deed and as Brandon was asking me if we needed to pull over I had a smile on my face saying how exciting it was that I needed to throw up!! Luckily the moment passed and I was good and hungry again :) Just so you can have a mental image this is what a superhero nose looks like:


We went to West, Texas this weekend with B's family and had a great time. If you haven't ever been to West, Texas it's a great place. Here'a picture of West:


Seriously, I googled imaged West, Texas and this is what popped up. Not even trying to be funny here :)

We didn't do much but it was so nice to get away, relax and just hang out with everyone. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures but hopefully Marcy took some! We did go to Hillsboro Outlet Mall because that was pretty much the only thing to do. And there was a Carter's outlet!! So I went a little crazy and got a few things. My mother-in-law also got some really cute things while she took the grandboys to Toys-R-Us and she got the cutest little bag that made B so happy. It was pink and had "PRINCESS" on the front. Then we stopped by my parents on the way home and my mom had been shopping for the little prince/princess. So we got a few more things for the baby. I know it's way to early but it's the first child/grandchild for us and we are a little shop happy right now. I'm sure it will get much worse once we find out if it's a girl or boy...or both!

Here are a few pictures of the baby items, enjoy!



Take Care!
LeAnn

4 comments:

The Sasser Family said...

Congrats you guys! How exciting. I'll definitely be checking in to see how you and the baby are doing. You're in our prayers. Ben, Candi and Kevin

Molly said...

Congrats Leann!!!! Youre going to be a great mommy!!!

Nana said...

I went to the Carter's Outlet Store yesterday afternoon because I was too busy the day before at Toys R Us with the Grandsons, anyway I bought the cutest boy stuff with puppy dogs and the cutest little lamb stuff for a girl. I figure I will just buy something for a boy and a girl until we find out for sure. I am so excited! Being a Nana is the best!!!

leiGh said...

Congratulations!!! Being a mommy is so much fun..you will be so blessed.

and by the way...your due date is my BIRTHDAY!!!!